What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

New to RTA. A few questions.

Thanks Smokeandsteam I've actually seen Vaping with Vic's video today and can't wait to give it a try!

I followed his build in terms of coil placement and cotton and I'd advise any noob to do the same. But remember it's okay to get it wrong and have to start again.

My biggest problem was putting the bastard back together post build and wick - I hadn't noticed the tiny fittings that need to be lined up! I lost a serious amount of juice over my hands until I figured it out!

Well 1st pair of coils are built. Using Geek Vape Kanthal A1 26ga 6 turns at 3mm coming out at .46 ohms. So far so good!

VD1ZaG9.jpg

Well 1st pair of coils are built. Using Geek Vape Kanthal A1 26ga 6 turns at 3mm coming out at .46 ohms. So far so good!

VD1ZaG9.jpg
Naught wrong with those coils mate. How's she wicking? As in, is the liquid be taken up by your wicks at a good rate, so not getting dry hits? I think that the next optional step you may want to look at is spacing coils. This is really down to your own preference though.

A tenner to build your tank for you seems a bit steep. You have the right idea, get in about it yourself. It’s not hard. Your build is looking decent. :)

Naught wrong with those coils mate. How's she wicking? As in, is the liquid be taken up by your wicks at a good rate, so not getting dry hits? I think that the next optional step you may want to look at is spacing coils. This is really down to your own preference though.
Thanks. It wicks good so far, at least as well as the first one. Why space the coils?

Thanks. It wicks good so far, at least as well as the first one. Why space the coils?
I find spaced coils give of slightly more intensity to the vapour.
Im also convinced they last longer as spaced.
The amount of crud that can build up on spaced compared to non spaced means the non spaced will choke first.
Thats my theory and I'm sticking to it.

First of all Dead rabbit RTA is realy good tank, leakproof, top air flow with realy good flavor! I suggest you to learn how to build your own coils and not premades! Yes i know you will find it hard in the begining but trust me its worth your time!

I realy like ni80 coils cause it pops the flavour up! You can start with 1 coil 5 wraps 3mm core and then try double coil 4 wraps 2.5 core! Then you have to find how to cotton! You dont want dry hits! Always look where your air flow is when you place the coils, cause you want the air to hit your coils directly and try to place them as close as possible to the air flow without touching it ofc! Try to close the air flow a bit, it will pop the flavor up a bit!

As for the wattage just look at what amount of watts your coils start to heating up almost instantly and use - 5,+5 watts!

You can try Intake RTA aswell! Same philosophy as Dead Rabbit RTA! Top air flow, leakproof, but only single coil! The air of it its so smooth but a bit strict!

I hope i helped a bit!

Back
Top Bottom