What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

New Smok Alien - Verification

Stock firmware is the one it came with. There are updates out there but there are also a lot of dead aliens after attempting to update it so like many others out there our Moto is if it ain't broke don't try to fix it with an update as then it might be broke, for good.

Stock firmware is the one it came with. There are updates out there but there are also a lot of dead aliens after attempting to update it so like many others out there our Moto is if it ain't broke don't try to fix it with an update as then it might be broke, for good.
Thank you for this. I though you HAD to update them for them to keep running efficiently. I could have made a balls up there. Thanx again

No worries. Updates are good if they work but smok seem to be lacking in their aftercare and I'd never update any of my five smoks. The only mod I've updated out of my 23 mods is the SXminiG

No worries. Updates are good if they work but smok seem to be lacking in their aftercare and I'd never update any of my five smoks. The only mod I've updated out of my 23 mods is the SXminiG

I used to vape quite heavy and had a few mods but then quit. That lasted a couple of months because I missed it then went back to MTL. That bores me so I went out and bought a Smok Alien but I've been out of the vape market for a while so was unsure what to get and what's classed as Good these days lol.

ive got 2 aliens and like them but ive been lucky not to have had any problems except for paint issues which i can live with.
bought a week apart from same batch.

Capture.JPG

Biggest mistake is user error... SMOK has 2 different boards out there and both can only be updated with their only comparable fw but man never reads instructions... I'm I right?

Back
Top Bottom