Vape Club
What's new

New RDA user struggling with flavour big time! Can you help..

@Saul Annett IMHO it's not the fact that it's an RDA that's the problem, it's that you have an MTL one ....... and MTL works best on higher PG juices as you get through a lot less of it. I'm an MTL vaper by choice, so can't suggest anything else, but I'm sure plenty on here can recommend a good RDA for 100% VG juice that will give you decent flavour. :)

And no idea why you're getting better flavour in your regular tank ...... :D
Thanks @Crewella. what's keeping me going is the fact that I know I've achieved great flavour with pre built coils on my Jac vapour s22 tank so i can't believe it's not possible with my own build. I came from DL vaping and don't want to go back. Cost and lungs being the main reason. On it goes!

Royal Flush Vape
I wish I could be more helpful ..... but from my own experience I even struggle to get decent flavour our of 70/30 VG/PG juice on most MTL kit, which is why I stick to 50/50. I don't want to discourage you from trying! :D

I wish I could be more helpful ..... but from my own experience I even struggle to get decent flavour our of 70/30 VG/PG juice on most MTL kit, which is why I stick to 50/50. I don't want to discourage you from trying! :D
You are being helpful. Albeit not what I want to hear ;) I'm assuming that includes RTA and RDA ?

Vape Green
You are being helpful. Albeit not what I want to hear ;) I'm assuming that includes RTA and RDA ?
From the ones I've tried ... sadly yes. Also the MTL RTAs might well struggle to wick 100% VG as it's gloopier than PG. :(

I dont know if this has been mentioned but kendo (which I use) can take a while to get used to in terms on wicking and juicing and until you get it right then the flavour wont be very good but once you do get it right its bang on. I prefer it over cotton bacon as I find bacon breaks down very easy whilst kendo doesn't.

Vape Superstore
I dont know if this has been mentioned but kendo (which I use) can take a while to get used to in terms on wicking and juicing and until you get it right then the flavour wont be very good but once you do get it right its bang on. I prefer it over cotton bacon as I find bacon breaks down very easy whilst kendo doesn't.
Interesting. I've got kendo as one of the many things I've tried. It didn't change anything for me unfortunately though it seems good quality. Not sure if there's a particular technique or tips you can give me there @greenbrucelee ?

From the ones I've tried ... sadly yes. Also the MTL RTAs might well struggle to wick 100% VG as it's gloopier than PG. :(
something I've noticed is that the first puff seems to have 'some' flavour but it disappears thereafter. Might there be something about the ohm resistance I'm using or some other factor at play. Maybe it's burning the juice for example?! Clutching at straws but one thing I haven't tried is going above 1ohm...

AcmeFog
Interesting. I've got kendo as one of the many things I've tried. It didn't change anything for me unfortunately though it seems good quality. Not sure if there's a particular technique or tips you can give me there @greenbrucelee ?

When I wick with it you make it quite tight but not so tight when you pull it that the coil gets pulled and you fulff the ends slightly (comb through it with your tweezers). Then juice the coil with the cotton in leave for a few minutes, fire your mod then soak the coil again and the rest of the cotton, fire again and you should be ready to rock. Thats how I do it anyway

something I've noticed is that the first puff seems to have 'some' flavour but it disappears thereafter. Might there be something about the ohm resistance I'm using or some other factor at play. Maybe it's burning the juice for example?! Clutching at straws but one thing I haven't tried is going above 1ohm...
I run my Berserker MTL RDA on around 1.3/1.4 ohms ... if that helps?

The Electronic Cigarette Company
I run my Berserker MTL RDA on around 1.3/1.4 ohms ... if that helps?
Oooo nice a new rabbit hole to disappear down. Thanks, very helpful. I'll make that the next task. Does appear to be burning. I guess you need to be close to the air for flavour but you don't want too much power to burn.

Back
Top Bottom