What's new

New Coil Builder, advice welcome!

Kermit Jones

Hi all,

I'm Rosie, I'm 30, I'm in West Yorkshire and I've been vaping for about four years. I stopped bothering with vapes for about a year and sure enough I ended up smoking cigarettes again never a heavy smoker, rarely more than five a day but when I was drinking it would be a lot more. I'm sober now and off the cigs and back into vaping, more than ever! Where I went wrong was allowing myself to be overwhelmed with all of the information out there and giving up too soon.

I've spent the last six months learning a lot, I'm in love with Sub-Ohm vaping now and dripping. To save money and the environment, I've decided I'll start making my own coils. I've done a lot of research, ordered an ohms reader and organic muji, I'm now stuck on wire.

I'm going to start with Kanthal A1 24, 26 and 28awg and see how I enjoy each gauge over the next few months. I'll very likely experiment with more complex wire and builds in the future but I believe this to be a good starting point.

My issue is: uk suppliers. I have seen a lot of people saying they buy large quantities on ebay to save money, on the other hand I have heard people talking of metallic and chemically tastes when ordering from ebay. I looked through the existing forum threads and Crazy Wire (wireandstuff.com) was suggested in 2018 quite often, I remember buying their stuff a few years ago. Anyways, their website made me want to punch myself in the face. Then I saw stealth vapes recommended many times, I looked on the website and I loved it, very clear, very easy to navigate. My issue is, it costs more for delivery/shipping than it does for a spool of wire. Is this just something I should accept as a vaper? That I will always pay £4 to have my £3 product delivered? I don't mean to sound like a dick here it's a genuine question.

In short, WHERE Y'All BUY YOUR WIRE IN 2021?

Loving POTV, thank you all ✌

I have never had any problems with Wire from eBay but most Vaping Stores Online stock it though it isn't usually well advertised. Your right about Stealth Vape which is one of the reason's i don't use them. They do sell good wire in fairness to them though. I don't get on with Vandy Vape wire but that seems the only one i have problems with.

Delivery cost does seem silly, but...

It's one charge per order, so yes it's £4 to have a £3 spool posted, but it's £4 to have 3x£3 spools posted too. Works out less per spool.

The crazy wire website is almost impossible on a mobile, but seems easier on a real computer... And the prices are far lower too.

One thing to consider though is that even if a single 30m spool is costing £7 inc postage, it's still actually cheap (although the percentage that is post is irksome). A simple coil uses about 100mm of wire so you get around 300+ coils per spool, or tuppence each.

Bad experience with crazy wire, had to do paypal refund to get money back which took 2 months and dealing with constant lies and broken promises. Stealthvape is highly recommended.

Anyone know what "rebuildable supplies rate" is in the shipping options?

It's the cheapest option, but can't find details.

Yes I would recommend stealth vape as well. You can use Rebuildable Supplies Rates for your postage, it’s £2.40 @pdg just go to check out and click on Rebuildable Supplies Rates and that you sorted. I use it all the time with no problems.

Last edited:
Anyone know what "rebuildable supplies rate" is in the shipping options?

It's the cheapest option, but can't find details.
For one 10m reel of A1 kanthal:

ScreenHunter 778.png

Back
Top Bottom