What's new

New caper please help

So Gavin have you tried a new coil yet?
My wife is picking me up a DL 0.5 today while I'm at work. The priming holes on the side of the. Coil were tiny, like a pin prick, I don't see how any juice could of got in, I put plenty in the top of the coil though.

I would probably try a lower nic juice. I would try 6mg and 12mg first or a nic salt liquid as the higher nicotine nic salts are alot smoother.

How full should the tank be, maybe I over filled?
If you overfilled the tank it would be leaking out the top.

Try a new coil but make sure to prime the coil first (Add juice direct to coil on the cotton areas) let it sit for around 30mins, then use it on slightly lower watts than recommend and take short drags for the first couple times you use it to let the coil break in. If you take the time to break in a coil it's last alot longer in my experience. Diving straight in with a new coil runs the risk of burning it and rendering it fit for the bin.

If the same problems prosist try a lower nic liquid.

My wife is picking me up a DL 0.5 today while I'm at work. The priming holes on the side of the. Coil were tiny, like a pin prick, I don't see how any juice could of got in, I put plenty in the top of the coil though.

Literally one blob on each hole and it will get sucked into the cotton after a few seconds. Then a couple in the top of the coil. Fill the tank till the liquid level goes just above the glass window. 5-10 mins later and you'll be fine. You can do some dry puffs without firing the button to help the liquid wick into the coil.

When you selected the Juice did you select the 70PG/30 VG option or did you select the 70VG version?

I could be mistaken, but with most stock coils you don't want to be putting juice into the top and central hole of the coil, only the side holes that the juice is drawn in through, the central chamber is where the vapour is produced and travels up through there to reach your mouth, you don't want juice to be sat in there.

Problem solved guys, I don't know why this would remotely work but I took coil out and let it sit upside down for a while and then refiled the tank but this time bottom loaded it instead of from the top, I don't know if this was what did it but now it's smooth as anything

Problem solved guys, I don't know why this would remotely work but I took coil out and let it sit upside down for a while and then refiled the tank but this time bottom loaded it instead of from the top, I don't know if this was what did it but now it's smooth as anything

When you filled it from the top before did you put the liquid down the middle or down the sides?

Even if you made an error, it's no big deal, we've all been there and made errors, pretty sure i preemptively killed some coils needlessly starting out, lessons were learned as my understanding of tanks and coils grew, i'm always learning, barely a week goes by where i havn't taken onboard something new.

Back
Top Bottom