What's new

need a new mod....advice welcome

Snaggletooth

Initiate
hi all.

for the last couple of years ive been using an innokin coolfire ultra, along with an innokin isub g tank with 1.0ohm coils. I normally use it at 20w, though sometimes drop it down to 16w, for example when driving (and a sneaky puff at work).
I bought the coolfire ultra mainly for its battery life, which up until recently has been very good. It could easily go all day with quite heavy usage, and just recharge overnight. I think the battery is quoted as being 4000mah. Lately though, I have been charging it more often, sometimes twice a day, so I guess the battery is on its way out.

any recommendations for a new one?

I was considering a smok v fin which is quoted at 8000mah, (but probably isn't), but it doesn't seem to get very good reviews. I think I would still prefer one with an internal battery, just for convenience really. ive never used one with external batteries, so don't know the ins and outs, pros and cons of them really.
its only the mod I need really, im quite happy with the tank I use as I can easily re-wick the coils on it.

cheers.

E-Leaf IPower 80w is decent. 5000mah and lasts a while. Think you can get them quite cheap these days as well.

Yeah, the IPower 80w is a decent low priced mod. My mate has just bought her third - her two previous mods lasted just over a year each before she knackered the charging ports on them. Like yourself, she prefers to stick with built-in battery mods. A couple of others I suggested to her that might be worth looking at are the Voopoo Drag Mini, and the Aspire Typhon. I know very little about either mod, just that they have large capacity built-in batteries.

The drag mini is my favourite mod, small and lasts most of the day at 65 Watts. Im probably going to get the new platinum version when it's released.

Personally I use an Eleaf Istick Pico a lot of the time. It does use removable 18650 battery though. With an LG MJ1 3500 Mah it lasts me all day and then some at 16 watts. It's very compact and easy to change batteries. you can charge battery externally or inside the mod.

As above i use the pico, I find they will take a good beating as a work mod and pocket friendly.
The only drawback is you are limited to a 22mm tank when a lot of new stuff seems to be 24 / 25 mm.

Yeah, the IPower 80w is a decent low priced mod. My mate has just bought her third - her two previous mods lasted just over a year each before she knackered the charging ports on them. Like yourself, she prefers to stick with built-in battery mods. A couple of others I suggested to her that might be worth looking at are the Voopoo Drag Mini, and the Aspire Typhon. I know very little about either mod, just that they have large capacity built-in batteries.
I have the Drag Mini and its overall build and qaulity is appalling. Have not had it long and it has not been knocked about either. Paint is falling off all over it and the usb connection is getting loose. Ill post a pic of it tomorrow. So glad I won it and didn't waste my money on the piece of garbage. Also it sometimes wont shift modes. I dont rate it at all. Oh, and there was also three spots where there were sharp bits of metal that I had to flatten down so they didn't catch on anything. Its my take detecting fishing mod that I couldn't care less about ruining if it gets dropped. There are much better qaulity mods out there than that. I have read of others complaining about the qaulity of the Voopoo Drags. And anything remotely resembling bright light and you can't see the screen and settings. Worst screen I've ever seen, well actually can't see! Voopoo Mini Drag = avoid.

@Leni
The pics should speak for themselves.
Angled grooves top left and right paint gone. Right next to the right top groove paints litteraly flaking away.
Bottom right groove paint fell off. Had nothing to do with the flattening of the sharp edges as the paint around those points is still there, just tiny bits gone where the contact to flatten them was made.
IMG_20190407_082034.jpg
IMG_20190407_082053.jpg

Bottom right from the usb is not a shiny spot, its a large bit of paint dropped off. Top right of the fire button too. This side of the mod had no sharp points. When I take it out it sits in my cars cup holder surrounded by foam. Its not from rough treatment, its from low quality.

Snaggletooth, are you sure that you wouldn't consider an external battery mod?

As I would think that a Vaporesso Armour Pro might suit your needs, all you need is 2 Samsung 40T 21700 batteries and a charger. Swapping the battery is easy, and if a battery's performance drops off it's easy to replace. Rather than having to replace the whole mod.

But hope that you do find something that suits you though.

Snaggletooth, are you sure that you wouldn't consider an external battery mod?

As I would think that a Vaporesso Armour Pro might suit your needs, all you need is 2 Samsung 40T 21700 batteries and a charger. Swapping the battery is easy, and if a battery's performance drops off it's easy to replace. Rather than having to replace the whole mod.

But hope that you do find something that suits you though.
Well thats put a spanner in the works.

I really like the look of that. I will need to look into the "how to" regarding external batteries, im used to just plugging a usb charger into the mod when i go to bed and it being charged when i get up.

Vaporesso armour pro......
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vaporess...690aad37536d89affecadfc|iid:1&redirect=mobile

ive found this as well, which is the vaporesso polar kit.....
https://www.cloudstix.com/electroni...-vaping-kits/vaporesso-polar-kit-wholesale-uk

So, which one?

Back
Top Bottom