What's new

Nautilus 2 Tank Leaking

I recently purchased the new Nautilus 2 tank, which is great by the way, but I am having trouble with it leaking through the air holes.

I'm going to strip it down later when I get chance to have a look. Is there anything in particular I should be looking for and what's the best way to go about cleaning it?
Is it possible that the O-rings that hold the glass in place are contaminated or is it likely to be something else that's making juice seep out of the air holes?
I've figured it out. It's the coil. It gets unscrewed every time you fill up the tank. The damn thing is attached to the sleeve so that everytime you unscrew the sleeve, you're loosening the coil. What a pisser. Just fasten the coil everytime you fill the tank. Sorted.

Had the same problem, leakage from the airflow. Although it hasn't happened now for over a month. I've stopped filling it up to Aspire's recommended "max" fill line and now keep my juice well below it. Unfortunately having to refill more but no leaks.

+1 having this issue (black tank). Sadly none of the suggestions seem to work. The amount of liquid I'm going through is ridiculous as I'm having to strip the whole setup down every time. I've yet to get through a complete tanks worth before a leak occurs through the airholes.

I'll be back to the b & m shop this week to see what they can do about it as right now it is a nightmare to use. This is incredibly annoying as when it does work, it is a really good vape.

+1 having this issue (black tank). Sadly none of the suggestions seem to work. The amount of liquid I'm going through is ridiculous as I'm having to strip the whole setup down every time. I've yet to get through a complete tanks worth before a leak occurs through the airholes.

I'll be back to the b & m shop this week to see what they can do about it as right now it is a nightmare to use. This is incredibly annoying as when it does work, it is a really good vape.

It's got to be faulty, I nor my friend who has the 2 have leaked a single drop

I started this thread 5 months ago and the number of times it keeps reappearing is concerning. Either there are a lot of faulty units about or there is a bit of a design flaw that's causing all this leaking.

Having spent a lot of time with this tank now I personally think it's something to do with the threading on the top cap. I believe there is a big chance that every time you take the top cap off to fill or clean the leak that slightly loosens the coil. Bad tolerances on the threading on the top cap can only make this matter worse

So I went back to the b & m shop and the tank was faulty. The o-ring in the chimney was flawed and the chimney itself was slightly out of shape. The coil was being lifted slightly every time I twisted the tank (and the airholes) and the chamber underneath the coil then got flooded. The shop has replaced the tank free of charge and the new one is working perfectly.

Only had mine a matter of days but filled it up multiple times each time right up to the fill line and swapped the .7 coil for the 1.8. Not leaked a drop.

Because the coils are very sensitive to wattage, just one accidental fire at a wattage higher than say 20W for the 1.8 ohm will burn cotton and once thats happened, it's gonna leak for ever more.

Every one of these I've seen has been a gurgler and a lot bleed via the chimney seal and around the top of the glass. The new .7 BVC is the worse offender and I've not seen a single one ohm in accurately. I put one brand new one on my dna and got .94 :D

Back
Top Bottom