What's new

Nautilus 2 Tank Leaking

Leak update - I think I've managed to fix it.

So I stripped it down again taking my time to clean it properly. I was going to swop the seal that holds the glass in place but Aspire don't actually ship a spare one! Bunch of o rings for the drip tip, coil and airflow slider but not one for the tank.

Anyway I carefully removed the seal and inspected it closely and found something stuck to it. It looked like a piece of the seal itself and I thought it was ripped but turns out it was just an 'additional' bit of rubber that was stuck on. I never saw it originally as obviously it was the same colour.
I guess it got there somehow during the manufacturing process, mass produced high quality Chinese builds and all that :)

So, another lesson learnt in my vaping journey and if anybody else gets a similar problem they will have something to look out for.

Hi,

Sorry for digging up the thread. New user here.

I just got my Nautilus 2 today and have been pulling my hair because of the same issue!!! Mine is leaking from the airholes, gurgling, and at times even dripping out from the drip tip when I flip it up side down. I guess this is my coil being flooded.

I checked the seals like you suggested and found the very same tiny bit of "extra" material on the white one at the base where the glass tube fits into (if that's what you meant). But... the thingy is rather on the edge of the seal while the middle of it is actually doing the sealing work. So I guess this is not the actual cause of leaking, at least on mine.

I then tried Vic's flip/last twist trick with alternating results. Losing quite some juice and some more hair pulling along the way. But the last try just before posting this message was quite successful. So just wanted to share a small trick.

I first took down the tank and cleaned it up as everyone suggested. Twisted the coil back in tight. Reassemble the tank BUT without refilling it.

Just practise with empty tank to find "The Last Twist" of the top cap. I found that, with airholes completely closed and with the tiiiiiiiniest gap between the cap and the base, the Aspire logo will be exactly above the vent of the airholes. That's the G spot right there!

Now fill the tank as recommended, put the cap back on until you reach the G spot. Flip the tank here and do that last twist. Should stop the leaking/flooding or at least minimize it.

Flip before the G spot, you risk leaking from the top. Flip after the G spot, flooded coil + leaking from airholes.

Just try and let me know if it also works for you, so I know that it's not just a fluke :)

Cheers!

I've heard that if you turn your tank up the right way, turn yourself upside down, spin around three times, say two "hail marys" and then put the juice in..................... Your gonna look, only marginally more silly than the other voodoo refil methods.

Seriously, if your tank leaks, it's either a failing coil or a failing tank.

I've heard that if you turn your tank up the right way, turn yourself upside down, spin around three times, say two "hail marys" and then put the juice in..................... Your gonna look, only marginally more silly than the other voodoo refil methods.

Seriously, if your tank leaks, it's either a failing coil or a failing tank.

Or a failing owner like I am.

Turns out I was overthinking it. Too careful not to overfill, too careful with closing the top cap trying to reach that tiniest gap before the last twist. Thus leaving the tank open too long.

So I stopped overthinking, opened the tank, filled it, closed it, vape it! Been leak-free (airholes) for 3-4 tanks now. Light gurgling remains but away in a few puffs.

I think i must do the same.
Nothing really fixed yours eh?

Nah but I had problems with the coil coming out every single time I opened it no matter how tight I put in the coil and no matter how loose I put on the top. Wverytimw I screwed the lid on you could feel it grinding together and I just knew it was an issue.

The replacement tank I've had absolutely zero issues with :)

Hi all,
Had mine 3 weeks now, seems that the higher pg liquids are the only ones that leak on mine (higher vg at 70/30 gives me dry hits though )

Hi guys,

Thank you all for posting and sharing, really helpful.

I had similar issues with my brand new Aspire Nautilus 2, at 2nd refill, it kept leaking around the air holes and i was loosing around half of the liquid poured. As many of you advised, i cleaned up very thoroughly the tank(glass, resistance/coil, air holes) and after that i reassembly it with much attention on the rings to stay perfectly fit.

The problem may have been from the coil not properly threaded therefor the leaking through the air holes.

Now i have a perfectly functional Nautilus 2 with no leaks, and i also did as advised on the video, after you fill with liquid and close the tank very tight, turn it upside down for a few seconds.

My first tank with resistance/coil at the bottom and i recommend it. Good amounts of vapes, nice throat hit and amazing taste. I use it with a 1.8 Ohm at 13-14W.

Happy vaping!

I started this thread 3 months ago but it keeps cropping back up every now and again.
Glad to see it helping out newcomers going through the similar problems I had at the time.

Back
Top Bottom