What's new

Nautilus 2 Tank Leaking

Leak update - I think I've managed to fix it.

So I stripped it down again taking my time to clean it properly. I was going to swop the seal that holds the glass in place but Aspire don't actually ship a spare one! Bunch of o rings for the drip tip, coil and airflow slider but not one for the tank.

Anyway I carefully removed the seal and inspected it closely and found something stuck to it. It looked like a piece of the seal itself and I thought it was ripped but turns out it was just an 'additional' bit of rubber that was stuck on. I never saw it originally as obviously it was the same colour.
I guess it got there somehow during the manufacturing process, mass produced high quality Chinese builds and all that :)

So, another lesson learnt in my vaping journey and if anybody else gets a similar problem they will have something to look out for.

Leak update - I think I've managed to fix it.

So I stripped it down again taking my time to clean it properly. I was going to swop the seal that holds the glass in place but Aspire don't actually ship a spare one! Bunch of o rings for the drip tip, coil and airflow slider but not one for the tank.

Anyway I carefully removed the seal and inspected it closely and found something stuck to it. It looked like a piece of the seal itself and I thought it was ripped but turns out it was just an 'additional' bit of rubber that was stuck on. I never saw it originally as obviously it was the same colour.
I guess it got there somehow during the manufacturing process, mass produced high quality Chinese builds and all that :)

So, another lesson learnt in my vaping journey and if anybody else gets a similar problem they will have something to look out for.

Ruskie is there a way to show me a photo because i'm facing the same issue?
I generally did't know that trick (regarding closed air flow and turning upside down for 5s) and i haven't did it yet.
But when my i rest my mod horizontally by the side of the holes of the air flow i see that it leaks from there..
Have Nautilus 2 for 3 days, 1st day was ok but later on i found out that leakage.
Any advice will be helpful.

@Andrikos Hi. I can't show you a photo at the minute, tank is in use and full of juice. I could try and give you a few pointers tho.

First off I suggest you strip the tank down completely and give it a good clean. I found that once it has leaked through the air holes you tend to get a little liquid collected in the part where the coil screws in. Remove the coil and clean that section out making sure that no juice remains. When you put the coil back in make sure it is screwed in tightly.

The seal I had the issue with is the main one that the glass tank sits on so, remove the glass tank and gently prise off the white/clear seal. Make sure this is clean and that the channel it sits in is also clean.

The next thing to check is the black seals that help hold the metal top cap in place when screwed on. I've found that these have a tendancy to move about a bit and sometimes ride up a little. Make sure they are in the correct place before screwing the metal top cap back in place.

The last thing is when you do screw the metal top cap back down make sure it is secured quite tight. I know with the original Nautilus over tightening this caused issues. I've found that this actually needs to be on quite tight otherwise a proper vacuum cannot be created and that it turn causes the coil to flood and juice to leak!

Hopefully that will help but gimme a shout if it doesn't make sense and I'll try and sort some photos out or something.

@Andrikos Hi. I can't show you a photo at the minute, tank is in use and full of juice. I could try and give you a few pointers tho.

First off I suggest you strip the tank down completely and give it a good clean. I found that once it has leaked through the air holes you tend to get a little liquid collected in the part where the coil screws in. Remove the coil and clean that section out making sure that no juice remains. When you put the coil back in make sure it is screwed in tightly.

The seal I had the issue with is the main one that the glass tank sits on so, remove the glass tank and gently prise off the white/clear seal. Make sure this is clean and that the channel it sits in is also clean.

The next thing to check is the black seals that help hold the metal top cap in place when screwed on. I've found that these have a tendancy to move about a bit and sometimes ride up a little. Make sure they are in the correct place before screwing the metal top cap back in place.

The last thing is when you do screw the metal top cap back down make sure it is secured quite tight. I know with the original Nautilus over tightening this caused issues. I've found that this actually needs to be on quite tight otherwise a proper vacuum cannot be created and that it turn causes the coil to flood and juice to leak!

Hopefully that will help but gimme a shout if it doesn't make sense and I'll try and sort some photos out or something.

Thanx Ruskie for your prompt answer and in depth details!
I've done all the above but without checking the white seal, that's something i didn't know!
I will strip it down again and follow your instructions and get back to you!

Thanx again! :)

Thanx Ruskie for your prompt answer and in depth details!
I've done all the above but without checking the white seal, that's something i didn't know!
I will strip it down again and follow your instructions and get back to you!

Thanx again! :)
Don't forget to check the coil bed for debris. One user had a small price of metal stuck on it that was causing the leak.

So guys,

1) strip down atomizer
2) unplug and plug all seals (both black and white) they seemed ok
3) remove coil, nothing down there
4) refill liquid with air flow turned off (first time) and turn it upside down for 5s

I noticed that the airflow holes are under coil sitting so when the leak occurs it's obvious that the liquid is running under the coil and then it leaks.
So i screw the coil a bit harder to prevent the liquid pass from there.

Have my mod laid down horizontally at the side of the airflow holes for almost 10 minutes and it looks intact for now!
Before it used to leak almost immediately.
Cheers everyone and i'll keep you posted if anything changes!

Hi. Have had mine for a week, and am really impressed with the tank (flavour etc). Haven't had any leaks from the air holes, but have noticed that every time I take the top of to fill it up, I get some juice leaking out onto the top piece that I'm unscrewing. Would this be coming out of the top...something to do with the air pressure? I've been holding it upside down for the final tighten when I fill it, but maybe not for long enough?

Hi. Have had mine for a week, and am really impressed with the tank (flavour etc). Haven't had any leaks from the air holes, but have noticed that every time I take the top of to fill it up, I get some juice leaking out onto the top piece that I'm unscrewing. Would this be coming out of the top...something to do with the air pressure? I've been holding it upside down for the final tighten when I fill it, but maybe not for long enough?
Hi Pete, I only tried the upside down thingy once and next time I took top off I had juice on the glass. I don't do that anymore, just fill and go and I have had no issues

I've got 2 nautilus 2 tanks. The black one fantastic! But the red one has the leaking issue also. And when I take the top off to refill the coil comes out with it, despite making sure the coil is in tight. So means a whole clean out and refill. Will need to try these steps but not sure where this white/clear seal at the glass is.

Back
Top Bottom