What's new

My first attempt

Nikki702

Well I made my Blueberry/Menthol juice today and it was rank!

Tastes like some new form of penicillin.

When I buy my liquid I normally buy menthol and blueberry seperate so maybe il try making seperate ones lol.

Ive added a pic of the mix it sounded good at the beginning haha

Attachments

• F591E359-A4F3-42E4-A936-147247F6371F.png
    F591E359-A4F3-42E4-A936-147247F6371F.png
    225.8 KB · Views: 53
Jeeees that seems very over flavoured for capella.
Sometimes less is more.
Think they recommend using their flavours @ between 3-5%.

I use menthol at 0.5% and even at that I find it takes a week to settle to a pleasant level, but we all have different tastes I'm told.
When I started mixing I read that 20% flavouring was the way to go. This lead directly to a great many unvapable juices.

Jeeees that seems very over flavoured for capella.
Sometimes less is more.
Think they recommend using their flavours @ between 3-5%.

I didn’t know that the website I bought it from recommends starting at 10% and increasing to 20-25%

That’s probably why it tastes so bad then.. the thing is it don’t actually taste strong just not nice at all haha

I didn’t know that the website I bought it from recommends starting at 10% and increasing to 20-25%

That’s probably why it tastes so bad then.. the thing is it don’t actually taste strong just not nice at all haha
Over flavouring will not have a positive effect.
Try a small mix at 5% blueberry on its own.
Shake it to death and try it.
Adjust it up or down a percent til its right for you then add the menthol afterwards in 5 drop increments till its at the levels you want.

Seperately consider disolving 5g of menthol crystals in 30ml of pg as its likely to be far cheaper.
http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/en/care-menthol-5g

Maybe worth asking on here re flavour percentages as info given by sellers is often way off.

Over flavouring will not have a positive effect.
Try a small mix at 5% blueberry on its own.
Shake it to death and try it.
Adjust it up or down a percent til its right for you then add the menthol afterwards in 5 drop increments till its at the levels you want.

Seperately consider disolving 5g of menthol crystals in 30ml of pg as its likely to be far cheaper.
http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/en/care-menthol-5g

Thanks I will try that tomorrow, I have lots of blueberry and menthol concentrate left.

I made the same mistake with Flavour Arts, single flavour Grandma's Cake and chucked in 20% flavour thinking it was standard, it should have been 5%, fortunately salvaged the batch by adding more PG/VG & Nic to make a larger batch (thanks to advice on here).

Steeping makes a huge difference with certain flavours, for example I made a batch of Rainbow Drops and was disgusting straight from mix, it's been steeping around 10 days now and tasting great now and will get better, from my experience with other mixes including Shake n Vapes shaking at least once a day & steeping wakes the flavour up and looses the chemical tastes.

Most of my mixes I won't vape for at least 3 weeks of shake & steeping, some you can visually see the difference in colour change like my Rhubarb & Custard was clear for the 1st week, 3 weeks in it's rhubarb coloured and smells good now.

I would have used half the flavour percentages you used, but trial and error, you could make a mix without flavour and water it down but you could end up with double amount of rank liquid so do a 5ml sample first.
I made some blackcherry menthol and it tasted like soap so backed off on the blackcherry to 4% from 9 and it tasted like blackcherry menthol. Less is more as I keep telling my wife.

When I mixed my own I went by a rule I read somewhere about trying not to exceed 10% total flavouring.

Back
Top Bottom