What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

MTL Setup recommendations for beginner

Spartan788

Initiate
MTL Setups for a beginner.

Hi Guys, As the title suggests i am in search of a MTL setup. I am still really new to this so 'd like a mixed bag of healthy recommendations from you guys so i can look around, research and decide on what to get. I've pretty much decided on the atty to be a Berserker Mini V2. I'd like to get a tube mod to put it on. I currently only know of the Nunchaku 2 that kind of fits the bill but i'd like more options to look at.

\- Must be regulated.
\- Not something thats no longer in production or several years old as i'd have trouble getting it from the black market (Vaping is illegal here!)
\- Single 21700/18650.
\- Something as compact as possible for stealth vaping.
\- Matchy-Matchy / aesthetically pleasing with the BSKR if possible.

While on this topic, i have a spool of NI80 Fused Clapton 28\*2/36 GA on the way. I've only ever done mesh before. Could i use this spool to build MTL coils between 0.6-1.2 ohms and how many wraps would i need? I'd like to try some higher mg nic salts with my MTL.

Last edited:
Hi,

Here is where you can check your coil build

https://www.steam-engine.org/wirewiz

Also maybe Ehpro 101 tube mod? If money is no object then dicodes tube mods

Vapes are sold as contraband here, so everything is basically double the usual retail price. So yeah, no dicodes for me. I think I’m more or less set for the Ehpro mod 101 pro. Since I cannot get my hands on a Tesla Punk 86w here, such a pity! Thank you Mindeboy, you’ve been most helpful.

This ticks all your boxes:
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/reviews/mods/kizoku-techmod-80w-kit-with-limit-mtl-rta.html

It takes Nautilus coils or DIY builds, 18650, matchy matchy, regulated, still current and a pretty decent price.

18650 limits your compact stealth vape size but it is one of the smallest MTL & tank setups I own, the RTA is nice and easy to use and your wire should be fine in it, try 5 or 6 wraps at 2.5mm diameter to start off with and see how you get on.

Kizoku_Techmod_80w_Kit-9.jpg

My 2nd choice to match the BSKR would be the Aspire MIXX mod (on the left) or the BOXX (right) but you would need a separate tank in that for DIY builds.

Aspire_Prestige_BOX_AIO-16.jpg

Other than SBS (side by side) mods you're looking at much taller setups with 18650 or 21700 batteries, one that springs to mind is the Vaporesso Swag 2 kit which is pretty small, the tank is more RDL/DL but the BSKR will fit it if you buy the mod only and colour match it.

Vaporesso_Swag_2_Kit-2.jpg

Beserker V2 is a rebuildable tank. Are you sure this is what you want?

I think the Uwell Nunchaku 2 would be fine - you have to tilt it to scroll up and down instead of using buttons, but its reliable enough and it locks the settings as soon as you press the fire button so its easy enough once you get the hang of it.

Most single 21700 mods may be wider than the tube style, but they're shorter because the board is on the side instead of crammed in the space between the top of the battery and 510 so carrying an ordinary 21700 mod or a tube version makes little difference to the lump in your pockets. The single 21700 mods that I own that are still being sold are-

Cold Steel 100 21700 mod
Geekvape Aegis Max 21700
Lost Vape Grus 21700
Dovpo Odin 100 21700
Aspire Deco 21700
Hellvape Arez 120 21700

If you're a wattage vaper I'd recommend any of them except for the Hellvape Arez which has several niggly problems - the rest are similar, they all are reliable (I've only had the Aspire Deco a few days so I dunno about that one) some are a bit taller or wider but if I line them up they are all within a few mm in height and similar in weight.

If you're vaping low wattage MTL then the Aegis Solo single 18650 is good and definitely worth considering.

If you're a TC vaper I haven't got a clue as I've always stuck to Wattage.

I think the Uwell Nunchaku 2 would be fine - you have to tilt it to scroll up and down instead of using buttons, but its reliable enough and it locks the settings as soon as you press the fire button so its easy enough once you get the hang of it.

Most single 21700 mods may be wider than the tube style, but they're shorter because the board is on the side instead of crammed in the space between the top of the battery and 510 so carrying an ordinary 21700 mod or a tube version makes little difference to the lump in your pockets. The single 21700 mods that I own that are still being sold are-

Cold Steel 100 21700 mod
Geekvape Aegis Max 21700
Lost Vape Grus 21700
Dovpo Odin 100 21700
Aspire Deco 21700
Hellvape Arez 120 21700

If you're a wattage vaper I'd recommend any of them except for the Hellvape Arez which has several niggly problems - the rest are similar, they all are reliable (I've only had the Aspire Deco a few days so I dunno about that one) some are a bit taller or wider but if I line them up they are all within a few mm in height and similar in weight.

If you're vaping low wattage MTL then the Aegis Solo single 18650 is good and definitely worth considering.

If you're a TC vaper I haven't got a clue as I've always stuck to Wattage.
Thank you critters, this is very helpful!

I ended up going a little overboard and getting a Berserker mini v2 with a Nunchaku 80w since I couldn’t get my hands on a Ehpro AND a Aspire Boxx deluxe set. I couldn’t resist how sexy the box was. It’s been about 2 weeks since I stopped triple wielding fags, my closed pod Relx pen and my Drag3/pulse V2.
Tried the Boxx out with the Naut BVC 0.7 ohm mesh and the 1.8ohm coil.

On the 0.7 mesh I vaped SKWEZED Lychee 6mg at 70/30 VG/PG running 22watts and it felt quite harsh on my throat

On the 1.8 BVC coil I vapes Fcukin Flava’s Freezy Pineapple 6mg at 50/50 VG/PG running 14watts and it tasted nice and smooth without any harshness. Why do the 2 hit so differently apart from the different coils?

I ended up going a little overboard and getting a Berserker mini v2 with a Nunchaku 80w since I couldn’t get my hands on a Ehpro AND a Aspire Boxx deluxe set. I couldn’t resist how sexy the box was. It’s been about 2 weeks since I stopped triple wielding fags, my closed pod Relx pen and my Drag3/pulse V2.
Tried the Boxx out with the Naut BVC 0.7 ohm mesh and the 1.8ohm coil.

On the 0.7 mesh I vaped SKWEZED Lychee 6mg at 70/30 VG/PG running 22watts and it felt quite harsh on my throat

On the 1.8 BVC coil I vapes Fcukin Flava’s Freezy Pineapple 6mg at 50/50 VG/PG running 14watts and it tasted nice and smooth without any harshness. Why do the 2 hit so differently apart from the different coils?

The wattage probably .... the difference between 14 and 22 is quite a lot. .. actually it is a lot. I'd want a fair bit more airflow at that kind of power too, try that or turn it down.

or it could be the Lychee flavour. ... or the nicotine, or anything in the e-liquid really.

Back
Top Bottom