What's new

Mpv4 battery replacement ?

James Devlin

Hello there. I hate my first thread/post being a question (after 3 years vaping I've been wanting to join a proper vape forum this one looks good)

I've had lots of vape, as a result have 2 spare standard size vape battery's, the kind a smok t- storm would use.

Its due to me being a bit droppy I've gone through so many vapes.

I'm currently totally skint. I'm using an old mpv4 a neighbour gave me amd using one of my smok v1 mini tanks which works fine but the battery life is dire.

If I unscrew the bottom or the top of vape, can I replace the battery's atall? The 2 spares I have last allot longer than the mpv4, even fully charged, after smoking a full tank @ 70W the battery goes to less than 50%!

I'm sure I have a screw head which fits the star shaped screws the mod has.

Just don't wanna go ruin the vape without getting guidance as I don't have any money atall for a new vape until the end of the month.

Any help would be SO MUCH appreciated.

Many thanks in advance ;-)

welcome to the forum

the batteries on the mpv4 aren't user replaceable unfortunately as they are wired in, quite an old device now and not really surprising the cells dont hold up anymore

Hello & Welcome Minion.jpg

Welcome to the planet @James Devlin. Leave the mpv4 as it is, it has an internal built in battery, the spare batteries you have are no good for it. Would suggest you make do until you can replace it, maybe with one that will take your 18650 batteries.

Hi @James Devlin and welcome to the planet.

ive not used either but a quick google

as mentioned, the mpv4 uses a fixed internal battery and cant be replaced. they are more throw away kits once the battery has died.

the smok t storm uses replaceable 18650 batteries and these are totally different so cannot be used in mods with built in batteries.

do you have a smok mod or was that just used to explain the spare batteries you have?

I agree with the above replies, not a good idea trying to replace an internal battery with an external one. I would class vaping at 70watts high power so can't really expect an internal battery to last that long, even some of the newer mods with external batteries won't last that long, it might be best getting another tank and coils that won't drain it as much, if your getting a full tank out of an internal battery you should be quite pleased at that wattage.

How skint r we talking? You can pick up a brand new pod mod like the vaporesso px80
They r on sale for a little ove 20£ i think on vaping 101

If u get the mod only and buy a pod seperately (they r only a few bucks) it comes with an adapter to use your current tank as well.

U will need an 18650 battery as well, so probably another 4-5 quid. Very good quality basic mod tho, very small too

(Sorry, welcome as well, and yes, this is a great forum)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom