What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Mesh RTA vs Clapton Coil RTA

For Standard Coils i like Muji and very rarely use anything else, it's probably because i know how to cut the pad and how much to cut and use, plus it's cheaper than most. For Mesh i use pretty much any 6mm Cotton with Wotofo and Vapefly M being my most used. Vandy Vape is also ok but only one wick each lace and Steam Crave is also fine. I don't know what it is but with Cotton Bacon and a few of the others i struggle with the amount to use, might be because i don't use them that much. For 3mm id coils i use the Vapefly Firebolt Cotton Laces.

3.jpg

Personally I prefer broader/ slightly taller shoulders where the cotton meets the mesh, to help prevent any hot spots or dry hitting to the outer mesh edges.

6.jpg

I would say possible hot spots forming in the center of the mesh, which would be odd, considering you are using cotton laces. I resolve that by pushing the centre of the cotton into the mesh strip, by using a small screwdriver or something similar. Bloody mesh :18:

We all know you love Mesh really @andipandi , i do agree it can mess you about sometimes and some are easier to build and wick than others. As time goes on Mesh Tanks are becoming easier to build or it just seems that way. The Siegfried and the TCX are both good examples of that. Siegfried is cut the Tails as short as you can and your off, the TCX on the other hand is cut the Tails level with the Deck and tuck into the juice well which is also easy. The Siegfried was my favourite mesh tank for about a week then i got the TCX which is my favourite now.

The TCX, RDTA, steel ropes? They've never (previously) wicked for me :banghead: :hmm:

I have never had a problem with the steel ropes, it actually states if the ropes are over wicking take a couple out, it does have 6 i think lol.

For Standard Coils i like Muji and very rarely use anything else, it's probably because i know how to cut the pad and how much to cut and use, plus it's cheaper than most. For Mesh i use pretty much any 6mm Cotton with Wotofo and Vapefly M being my most used. Vandy Vape is also ok but only one wick each lace and Steam Crave is also fine. I don't know what it is but with Cotton Bacon and a few of the others i struggle with the amount to use, might be because i don't use them that much. For 3mm id coils i use the Vapefly Firebolt Cotton Laces.
Absolute same as me except for muji.

Back
Top Bottom