What's new

Mech Mods and Ohms

From you have all said, it looks genuine, and I looked them up on the internet, and look the exact same. *EDIT*My SMPL isn't insulated. Is this going to be a problem? I only think it will be, if the sealant on the battery gets rubbed off. Thanks once again :)

Last edited:
From you have all said, it looks genuine, and I looked them up on the internet, and look the exact same. It also isn't insulated. Is this going to be a problem? I only think it will be, if the sealant on the battery gets rubbed off. Thanks once again :)

what do you mean it isn't insulated?

From you have all said, it looks genuine, and I looked them up on the internet, and look the exact same. *EDIT*My SMPL isn't insulated. Is this going to be a problem? I only think it will be, if the sealant on the battery gets rubbed off. Thanks once again :)

My clones look genuine too.
You are thinking in the right way. And showing that you are beginning to understand how your device works.
SMPLs do not have internal insulation so you have to be extra careful your battery wraps are in good condition.
Obviously internal insulation is an extra level of protection against damaged wraps.
Only you can say if this lack of insulation is a problem for you.
It is your responsibility, its your safety, if anything goes wrong it is your fault.
That is how it is with mechs, that is why I am reluctant to say yes your batteries are genuine or it is ok that the SMPL has no internal insulation.
It is for you to understand these things and decide for yourself.

My clones look genuine too.
You are thinking in the right way. And showing that you are beginning to understand how your device works.
SMPLs do not have internal insulation so you have to be extra careful your battery wraps are in good condition.
Obviously internal insulation is an extra level of protection against damaged wraps.
Only you can say if this lack of insulation is a problem for you.
It is your responsibility, its your safety, if anything goes wrong it is your fault.
That is how it is with mechs, that is why I am reluctant to say yes your batteries are genuine or it is ok that the SMPL has no internal insulation.
It is for you to understand these things and decide for yourself.

Thanks!

There are a lot of things to understand and be very very aware of when going into mech mods, as I'm sure you are beginning to realise from the replies to your posts, it's good to see you are willing to listen to the advice that is being given, for starters please be very cautious and only use batteries you know are genuine and up to the job, and that the wraps are in perfect condition, no rips, tears or anything,that is one of the most important parts.

Check and check again that your coils have no shorts and are within the safe limits for your battery.
Be carefull that wire clippings do not end up inside your atty, a tiny wire clipping inside an atty can easily short across the +/- insulator that the pos post goes through. Things going wrong at the button end of the mech are bad because that can cause the mech to auto-fire. Unscrew the atty quickly. A short across the 510 and things will go wrong much faster, you have seen a clip above of how fast that can be.
If you are not certain everything is right do not use it.

Vape safe.

Check and check again that your coils have no shorts and are within the safe limits for your battery.
Be carefull that wire clippings do not end up inside your atty, a tiny wire clipping inside an atty can easily short across the +/- insulator that the pos post goes through. Things going wrong at the button end of the mech are bad because that can cause the mech to auto-fire. Unscrew the atty quickly. A short across the 510 and things will go wrong much faster, you have seen a clip above of how fast that can be.
If you are not certain everything is right do not use it.

Vape safe.

Ok, I've got the RDA, and my coils are reading about 0.22 ohm. Is this something to be worried about?

ATM I'm using my Smpl tube with a proto rta @0.23 ohms and vtc5a cells will post a pic if I can

IMG_1515.JPG

Back
Top Bottom