What's new

May we have a PG-free subforum?

Perhaps we could have an "Out of the Ordinary" subforum in Everything Ecigs that could cover all sorts of special requirements?

I'm in the highly PG sensitive bracket, but obviously it could have threads covering anything that's not quite the norm -- that way hopefully no one will think any one particular group feels they're more "special" than everyone else [emoji1]

It would make it easier to find information for anyone with questions or those needing access to resources, and could have its own stickies; if it becomes apparent we need sub-subforums for particular issues those could then be introduced as necessary.

What ya reckon Apes?

Perhaps we could have an "Out of the Ordinary" subforum in Everything Ecigs that could cover all sorts of special requirements?

I'm in the highly PG sensitive bracket, but obviously it could have threads covering anything that's not quite the norm -- that way hopefully no one will think any one particular group feels they're more "special" than everyone else [emoji1]

It would make it easier to find information for anyone with questions or those needing access to resources, and could have its own stickies; if it becomes apparent we need sub-subforums for particular issues those could then be introduced as necessary.

What ya reckon Apes?

Sounds good to me, I've been seeking and searching for people with a similar reaction.

What ya reckon Apes?

Sounds good, but it's missing a couple of crucial concerns...which i did mention , but not in the OP, sillly prat that I am,. Yeah, I do know that most posters just read the OP,. I shoulda taken account of that, but I didn't, woe is me, and so i'm doomed to repeat myself . Sorry.

But first, let's make it clear, I do have a number of "special" needs (but do you think we can avoid tha\t klind of phrasiing? *chuckle* It has negative comnnotations) eg, i'm also limited to gluten free in both food and vape. So if I'm advocating "excluding" other groups, then I'm advocating excluding myelf.. and putting myself first over myself, sefish bastard that I am . So why am I pressing for a PG-free subdorum specifically?

I) (this is the biggie) there are loads and loads of discussions about PG-free vaping, and loads and loads of resources, such as PG free juices and PG free concentrates out there already , but they can't be found when you ned them. Why not? beacause search engines don't don't recognise "PG " as a word (it's too short) so they'll just seize on the word "free" and throw every kind of freedom at you . For this reason, those discussions, and links to those resources really badly need to be gathered together in a single forum , which excludes the irrelevant stuff. If irrelevant stuff is posted, then the PG-free discussibns will get irretrievably lost underneath it, same as everywhere else.

Now, I don't have that problem at all when I look for gluten-free stuff (or anyrthing else I might need) because "gluten" is a word.

Somebody suggested an "everything PG free" sticky thread tio adress that problem. That's a good idea, but it's doomed to become one of those impossibly long and totuous threads,because there is far too much to say on the subject; as everybody wouuld rapdly realise, if only the PG-free stuff didn't keep vanishing out of sight . I thibnk we;re getting a self-fulfilling prophesy here: PG -fre vapers are finding it so difficult to talk to each other, they give up, shut up, and therefore look like a much smaller minority than they actually are.

Just give us a sub-forum. And if we can only find that sub forum, then we will hopefully find links to everything else .

2) There's a real possibilty. IMO, that PG-free juice will become every bit as normal as diacetyl free juice is nowadays. There are companies such as Vigin Vapor making and marketing PG free juice purely on the basis that's it's good, upmarket, (and in this case organic ) juice. Thety're not making it as special stuff fotr the poor little mites who can't handle PG, which is just as well, cos we poor little mites would not be able to find it, if they did *chuckle* , would we? It needs to be made salient in other ways , if you want the search engines to catch it. This appears to be an inccreasing trend. In the UK, Vype (an outgrowth from Intellicig), following theeir takeover by Big Tobacco) is PG-free, but they don't make that a selling-point do they? As a result of this, you can actually get PG-free stuff in supermarkets now (well, some of them) ....if you know what to look for.!

This being so, i think a PG-free forum needs to be labelled carefully so as to not to suggest that PG-free vaping is only for "special" people. This trend towards PG-free being a totally normal thing should be encouraged as much as possible! So subsuming it under an "out of the ordinary" -or wosre "allergies" - heading would be counter-productive, IMO.

@jay2, I had actually read every post up til now, but that was a bit too much to wade through at the moment! [emoji1]

I was hoping we could reclaim the S word, but if it offends you then I apologise.

I'll try to read the rest of your previous post in a while and see if there's owt else I can add.

@jay2, I had actually read every post up til now, but that was a bit too much to wade through at the moment! [emoji1]

I was hoping we could reclaim the S word, but if it offends you then I apologise.

I'll try to read the rest of your previous post in a while and see if there's owt else I can add.
NP it doesn't offend me. Really. I'll recl;aim any word you like, I like reclaiming words . (how about "spazz"? Yes, I actually post in a forum where we call ourselves and each other "spazz" . It's an autistic forum, so we can own that word if we want it. and we do! :D. Oh! but ooops! I guess I've given away how speshul I
am now . ) But, ummm, I'm not gonna try and reclaim "special" whilst I'm trying to get a PG-free forum on the agenda. That's tempting fate a tad too far, IMO.

Last edited:
P.S can Cindy have a speshul badge for reading every post? Achievements like that should be celebrated! (but then it's hard to verify, i guess :( We woul;d need some horribly intrusive spyware fot that, wouldn't we? )

What ya reckon Apes?

What does 'Everything Ecigs' become then? 'Some-things Ecigs? 'Common Ecigs'? 'Not-sure if it's common-or-not Ecigs'? :hmm:

I) (this is the biggie) there are loads and loads of discussions about PG-free vaping, and loads and loads of resources, such as PG free juices and PG free concentrates out there already , but they can't be found when you need them

See, since I joined this forum, I can't recall seeing a multitude of posts regarding PG-free specific issues. I can't recall one, tbh. If so many people require vapes that are completely PG-free, then maybe it's those of us that prefer (or can tolerate) a more mixed PG/VG juice should be the ones that get a sub-forum?

P.S. I have read every post, and am not against the sub-forum if the demand is there. I'm just not seeing that much demand for it. I think a mtl vaping sub-forum would be far more active.

What does 'Everything Ecigs' become then? 'Some-things Ecigs? 'Common Ecigs'? 'Not-sure if it's common-or-not Ecigs'? :hmm:
Ummmm, it would still be "Everything ECigs", in fact it would be even more Everything than it was before!

See, since I joined this forum, I can't recall seeing a multitude of posts regarding PG-free specific issues. I can't recall one, tbh. If so many people require vapes that are completely PG-free, then maybe it's those of us that prefer (or can tolerate) a more mixed PG/VG juice should be the ones that get a sub-forum?
Maybe you haven't seen them because they don't interest you, like I don't really notice the ones about MTL atties and Smok products, but there have certainly been a few in all cases!

P.S. I have read every post, and am not against the sub-forum if the demand is there. I'm just not seeing that much demand for it. I think a mtl vaping sub-forum would be far more active.
I don't see why the MTLers shouldn't have their own sub- or sub-subforum, though you do already have an unofficial clubhouse. Maybe we just need to build the PG-free clubhouse? "If you build it, they will come" [emoji5]

My suggestion for the title of the new subforum would have to be...

"Free from ..." vaping.

:D
I know that's tongue in cheek, and if it wouldn't alienate those who hate even the idea of "that hippy nonsense" that is conjured up by those two simple words I'd be all for it! [emoji1]

as regards the MTL vaping forum idea:

Actually I'm an MTL vaper myself, would somewhat appreciate an MTL subforum, and agree with the observation that strict MTL vapers considerably outnumber strict PG-free vapers, and that the sub forum would probably be more active, for that reason. Though we really shoudld be wary of making assumpions based on numbers alone. Almost all of us have two legs. How much activity woulld a " two-legged vapers" forum get?

I'm banging on about a PG free subforum, because there's a much greater need for a specific PG-free forum, IMO. If I'm looking for MTL-specific information , I can google the term "MTL vaping " and get gadzillions of appropriate results. I just tried the same for PG free. Even on this forum' s search engine, i got a load of results featuring the term "smoke free" instead. (yeah, yeah, I expect vaping to be smoke free, goddammit.) Bleedin' typical.

MTL is acceptable to search engines as a word, because it has three letters in it, not two. But anyway, I don't find that preferring MTL seriously affects my choice of juice or anything (jexcept inasmuch as it excludes the stupidly low nicotine4 content of some of 'em) so I rarely find reason to talk about MTL vaping specifically, nor to search for information on MTL vendors (the majority of hardware vendors do cater for MTL, after all ). That is, my personal ned for an MTL subforum is minimal. Not sure I'd trouble to post on it. I appreciate that others might appreciate it more, but they can't lay claim to having tg the same problems as regards research and communication.

I think this whole forum would pull in more PG free vapers if it had a PG free subforum. I , for one, would have hung around a lot more, and posted a lot more if i'd ever found such a thing here. As it is , I've flitted from forum to forum , never settling anywhere, and I've learned to be largely self-sufficient when it comes to tracking down appropriate juices I've got to know about a number of PG-free brands and if I want to know what orthers have to say about those products, I Google the brand name, and find a thread on some random forum , I'd soner start my own threads about some PG-free issues, but I don't feel that's a worthwhile thing to do, not withouty a dedicated subforum to post them in. And I rarel;y respond on the threads I find. because it's just too much troubl;e remembering my log-in details for so many different fora. And, If I want to know if there any new PG-free products on the market, weeell, I'm unlikely to find out , but I'll spend hours scratching around for them when the mood takes me.

So, I've started thinking to myself: maybe I can persuade one of these fora to give me me a reason to hang around? and all the others like me , however many or few. I settled for POTV because, over the years, it's proved to my favourite forum to dip into for information , though I only actually posted here once (until a week or two back) .

My point is: this is something that's very badly needed by those of us who need it. If you're gonna play a nunbers game with this, it's like comparing the value of modern poetry with Mills and Boon romance, purely on the basis of sales, or the value of a wheelchair with the value of an armchair. You might easily make a rock solid case for Mills and Boon over poetry, but it misses the point.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom