What's new

Max wattage and voltage for a 1.8Ohm dual coil

omroth

Postman
Hey guys.

Getting my first mod - an MVP3 - tomorrow. I'll be using it to start with with a Kanger Aerotank2 and a 1.8Ohm dual coil.

Is there a max wattage or voltage I should be running through that? I'll obviously want to play with the settings on the MVP3, but would appreciate knowing if anything will be too high.

Thanks,
Ian

I'd just run it at 3.7v / 7.5w, otherwise the coils won't last particularly long, if it's not doing it for you then 4v / 9w should be pretty safe. The stock coils are quite random in how they last, I must sound like a record stuck but the Naturevape coils are worth the re-wicking faff for the taste and last for months.

I'd just run it at 3.7v / 7.5w, otherwise the coils won't last particularly long, if it's not doing it for you then 4v / 9w should be pretty safe. The stock coils are quite random in how they last, I must sound like a record stuck but the Naturevape coils are worth the re-wicking faff for the taste and last for months.

+1

Ok, thanks for the advice and I've just ordered a 1.4ohm naturevape coil.

Assume wicking is ok - does it come with instructions?

What kind of wattage/voltage would you reccomend with that?

Thanks,
Ian

Ok, thanks for the advice and I've just ordered a 1.4ohm naturevape coil.

Assume wicking is ok - does it come with instructions?

What kind of wattage/voltage would you reccomend with that?

Thanks,
Ian

I'm on high VG liquid so haven't ventured above 8w without early death of the wick, if you have more PG in your mix then should wick a little faster but doesn't hurt as much to find out, you can simply rewick in your experiments rather than throw out a £1 coil.

Check out this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPD95rCSaK8

I'm now using Koh Gen Do cotton which ends up being slightly more efficient so will give it a try at higher power to see how it compares to the cotton ball provided.

Last edited:
You can even re build the NV coils as well, there is a video on YouTube. I do it all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

+1 more for the naturevape coil.

I used to run the stock coils on my aerotank at around 9w. Never really had an issue running at that. I now have a 1.8ohm naturevapw and tend to run that around 8w give or take, but never really take it above 9 otherwise can get a burnt taste. This is with 50/50 juice. Alot of it depends on how you vape, I tend to have bursts of chain vaping which doesn't help, but if you leave plenty of time for the juice to get back to the coil then its fine.

My advise with the naturevape is stick with it. I struggled like hell at the beginning with re wicking, getting constant burn hits cause the wicking wasn't quite right. I eventually got it and now don't even think about the process I just do it, and get great results every time. Despite watching millions of videos I found it was a case of just getting a feel for it, something many members on here told me. I also found using Muji cotton SOOOO much easier to work with, cut a strip the same size every time and your away! The cotton balls I found were a ball ache to be consistent.

Back
Top Bottom