What's new

Making my own E liquid

One can buy those...empty?!
[emoji23] eBay or Amazon and lable 1 PG 1 VG and 1 nicotine then fill them and when your bottle is on the scales pour or drip the right weight into your bottle and you never need to wash a syringe or drip VG everywhere off the end of a syringe

[emoji23] eBay or Amazon and lable 1 PG 1 VG and 1 nicotine then fill them and when your bottle is on the scales pour or drip the right weight into your bottle and you never need to wash a syringe or drip VG everywhere off the end of a syringe

Nice one...i'll have looksie, cheers Matty! :)2

Ibottles are good for bottles too, if you’re buying a few in one go -

https://www.ibottles.co.uk/

Personally I hate PET, I much prefer LDPE for it’s squeeziness. Also remember that you need a bit of head room in the bottle to shake the mix at the end, so use bottles that will hold more liquid than you actually mix. It’s very difficult to mix the ingredients properly if the bottle is full to the brim with liquid. I’d definitely agree that mixing straight into the bottle is best approach though, minimum waste and cleanup. And I once completely lost the will to live trying to get VG into a syringe: never again! :whiteflag:

Hm that could of been something I've overlooked , the only thing I've bought for measuring is syringes , that could come to bite me on the behind when it comes to VG , Didn't think about how thick it was... Easilly fixed though I'll grab some scales in a couple of days till then , I'll have to try muddle through with syringes.

One thing you can do to help is stand your VG bottle in the sink surrounded by relatively hot (not boiling) water for 10 mins before use. Not high enough to get into the bottle, but high enough to warm the contents. Warming it changes the consistency temporarily, so it’s easier to work with. It’ll make it easier to get in to a syringe at least.

That’s what I do when I’ve finished mixing, stand the bottle in hot-ish water. With VG being so thick, the challenge is then to get the other ingredients - especially the nic - dispersed as evenly through it as possible.

yes that has concerned me that it may be more difficult to get the flavouring and nic to mix with higher VG ratios but i assumed just heating it a lil (steeping) then shaking it all up and allowing it to cool would get around that issue ...

As long as you dont over heat it.

The "melting point" of VG is 17.8 degrees C so below that and its remains gloopy.
Warming it to just above 17.8 makes it runny so it will mix better.

How do you warm your VG up @StrawberryRipple? Do you use the sink method, or do you mix some other way? I read about someone (not you) who suggested microwaving it, not sure about that, although I suppose it could do the job :S

You sure microwaving it would be safe ? I'm not so sure it would be , And wouldn't that heat it to much anyway?

Back
Top Bottom