What's new

Making my own E liquid

adrian_uk

Postman
Hey guys back with another daft question .

Is making e liquid as simple as it sounds or are the factors i'm missing ?

For example right, i wanna make a litre of e liquid at 80/20 VG/PG so I'm going to mix 800ml VG with 200ml PG and add the appropriate flavourings to whatever recipe i'm following?Is it really that simple , Or is it more complex in practice?

Almost the flavourings is normally pg so deduct the amount of flavouring from the pg total. Same with nic wether it’s vg or pg just deducted amount from which one.

It’s then working out percentages for nic and flavourings or easier still one shots.

Look at https://www.steam-engine.org/juice.html

800ml of VG + 200ml of PG has a ratio of 80/20. As soon as you add flavours and nic, you are altering that ratio. Your flavours (& nic if you use it) need to form part of your overall 80/20 ratio, not an addition to it.

cant i just use make the e liquid with the pg/vg and flavouring then add the premade nic shots ? Do i have to add distilled water/vodka?

So if I'm trying to make a litre with 80/20 vg nic shots , i just factor in the 70/30 into my calculation so if i add 20 nic shots to make the litre 0.3 , I would be rolling it out at 640ml VG, 160ml PG , and the last 200ml nic shots? Am i closer now .... ?

re did the maths there and fixed it

Last edited:
Use steam engine and put in what you want, put the flavour in making sure its pg or a mix, look at the bottle, then your nic ,put what it says on the bottle like this Screenshot_20190402-004332_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20190402-004401_Chrome.jpg

Tbh the steam engine is confusing me , I figured it was simply percentage based .

So i assumed for example making it as simple as i can . I decide i want to make 80/20 VG/PG liquid if I'm also using 80/20 nic shots to make it as simple as possible , and 100% pg based flavouring as long as the end result is 800ml VG and 200ml PG I'm golden , The steam engine though seems to be telling me this is not the case .

It's not as simple as 20 ml PG flavouring for instance, and 20 mls of pg from the nic shots which would mean i'd be subtracting 40ml from my 200 mls of PG , SoI'd simply add 160ml of PG , Same with VG I'd have 160 ml of VG from my nic shots so I'd subtract that from the 800 ml of VG leaving me with 640ml VG needing added, What am i doing wrong why is the steam engine telling me that can't be mixed?

What concentrate are you using, some are less powerful than others some are more powerful, basically you do a 10ml tester and then sort your flavour percentage so if you was using a pg concentrate at 15 percent, nic at 80/20 vg/pg overall you want 80/20 this is the result
Screenshot_20190402-011210_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20190402-011244_Chrome.jpg

That mix gives you a 1000ml at 3mg nic/15 percent flavour concentrate and at 80/20

When mixing concentrate you will notice that in the index it tells you recommended percentage to be mixed, it's a percentage of the whole

So if you are doing a menthol and it recommends 5 percent then the amount of actual concentrate will be less than above but the vg and pg /nic amount will change

Back
Top Bottom