What's new

looking for some general advice

Alzeeb

Postman
Hi all, as the title says just looking for some mostly general advice or recommendation. so I recently re-started vaping, mostly as working from home had gotten me smoking 30+ a day at times(down to under 15 after a couple weeks now).

I'm using a Smok T-storm mod, yes I only bought it because it's star wars related, with standard tank and mini V2 A2 coils. I only fire it at 50w as the recommended 70-120(best 85-105) to hot and made me choke like f***, and I get enough cloud at this power. probably using it more often as at home all the time, so sometimes the coils aren't lasting as long as I like. got spare batts and a charger, and have an old innoken coolfire(?) as a back up. might use it's tank to try some CBD, wish I hadn't chucked it's spare coils a while back now.

I think main advice is about longer lasting coil life if any tips, or worth changing tank/coils, or trying my and at doing my own
TIA

Hi @Alzeeb
ahh smok :D

your a bit like me and happy at 50watts while coils can take 120w
thing is with smok is their QC went tits up a few years ago when they were flooding the market with kits and coils and sadly their quality dropped for a lot of people where coils were only lasting a day or two.
which juice are you using and what is its ratio of vg/pg. some cheap juice has 70vg on the bottle but its more like 80vg once a 100vg nic shot is added. well known juice usually end up at 70vg once the nic shot has been added.

this is worth bookmarking for future reference POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers

Hi @Alzeeb
ahh smok :D

your a bit like me and happy at 50watts while coils can take 120w
thing is with smok is their QC went tits up a few years ago when they were flooding the market with kits and coils and sadly their quality dropped for a lot of people where coils were only lasting a day or two.
which juice are you using and what is its ratio of vg/pg. some cheap juice has 70vg on the bottle but its more like 80vg once a 100vg nic shot is added. well known juice usually end up at 70vg once the nic shot has been added.

this is worth bookmarking for future reference POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers

Ah, I had wondered why I'd seen a few posts laughing at Smok, but it's design is based on a stormtroopers helmet, and I'm a stubborn git. plus I like the size, not too big.
Are there likely to be other coils that fit the tank, or would it be the case of buying different tank and respective coils.
I'm using a few different juices, 70/30 mix but you're right that it's more liek 80/20 with the nic added in. prefer less sweet flavours, so ice/menthol/sour. when I first vaped a few years back I did like pure evil's black ice

Have you thought about going to rebuildables? RDA or RTA. Coils are dirt cheap (I think the Coilology pre-built pack is £9 for 42 coils) You never look back to stock coil tanks. Got a lot of the older gents in the work sorted (one straight from the stinkies to RDA and a Squonk device) after the same problems you are experiencing with £15 pack of coils and you get duds or a week out of one, max.

sadly cant help with other coils thaat might fit as tfv4 days was the last time i touched a smok tank. maybe @OzoreXS may be able to advise. check his post here https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...ossed-compatibility-more.194157/#post-2235025
Yeah, I did have a look in that thread but couldn't see anything relating to this tank

Have you thought about going to rebuildables? RDA or RTA. Coils are dirt cheap (I think the Coilology pre-built pack is £9 for 42 coils) You never look back to stock coil tanks. Got a lot of the older gents in the work sorted (one straight from the stinkies to RDA and a Squonk device) after the same problems you are experiencing with £15 pack of coils and you get duds or a week out of one, max.
aye, I've checked out a couple of threads. I assume i would need to buy a new tank, plus coils and cotton then?

Yeah, I did have a look in that thread but couldn't see anything relating to this tank

aye, I've checked out a couple of threads. I assume i would need to buy a new tank, plus coils and cotton then?

aye, initial outlay may be more but quality and reliability are in no doubt, longer term. TBH the most expensive bit, the mod, you already have. And already have a spare you could experiment/ try a rebuildable on. I dont think you would be disappointed. A wee bit of knowledge required but that is easily acquired on You Tube or asking the good people on here.

(Or if you are up in Aberdoom going by your avatar, nipping in to Vaping101)

If you go the rebuildable route just go simple coils first. Grab yourself some Flat Wire which i think is best for beginner and a pack of Cotton. You ca buy Cotton Laces which can make life a bit easier, i use Muji Pads as i like them, cut one in half then half again and you have the right amount usually for a 2.5mm id. Once you get your wicking right the world is your Oyster.

Wait, 1/4 of a muji pad for a 2.5mm id? I think I probably use 1/16. Are you throwing away more layers?

No just a thin layer off each side, fit's nice and snug for me. Not too tight and not too loose.

Back
Top Bottom