What's new

Long time vaper looking to start on RDA's

Seven

Initiate
Good day folks!

Much love to you all!
I've been browsing the forums for a while and the first thing that struck me was the friendliness and helpfulness from most people, a refreshing change on the internet!
So I am hoping to get some sound advice from y'all!

Before I begin, as this is my first ever post especially, a little background...

Been vaping for almost 6 years now.
Started on the crappy pen type units with the old ego clearomisers. While it did get my started off the stinkies I quickly (within 3 months) started getting cravings again that they just couldn't satiate.
I moved to the bigger cylinder style mods using dual 18650's and a proper tank and dual coils.
These were awesome!

Through natural progression I eventually got an MVP3 pro and started sub ohm. However due to the internal battery and it's long, well serving life, the battery life started to flag and I bought a kanger Kbox 200.

The Kbox was, and still is, outstanding for me. I still use it but visually it was showing its age so I wanted something new.

I bought the iJoy Capo 100.

I've seen a few posts here about lackluster performance but I can say I've not had any of these issues.
I've seen people state that it can't fire more than 4.2v.
Im not sure if this is down to the bsttery that it comes with because I've never actually used that battery for any length of time.
Reason being, before I bought the mod I saw the battery was only around 3000mah and given that I was running 2x 3000mah batts in my Kbox, I knew a single 3000ish batt wasn't gonna cut it for me. So I bought a couple of 4550mah batts and that's what im using and it fires WELL above 4.2v with extreme ease.
I'll edit this post shortly and include some pictures when I get on my PC, im on my phone at the moment while watching the NFL. :-)

Anyways...

Over my time vaping I've dropped from my 24mg juice down to zero nic. Occasionally going back to 3mg if and when I get an urge I can't shake and im happy with that situation and my mother is in the same boat as above, she has followed my exact path, everything I've bought for myself she got too and followed my exact path.

I am now looking into RDA's for the sole purpose of CBD.
My mother was the driving forve behind this move. She has extreme arthritis all over her body. She also suffers minears disease causing nausea and she also has a nerve issue which causes all kinds of issues.

I've suggested medicinal herbs ;-) but this failed. The psychoactive properties are incompatible with the minears and makes her sick. So pure CBD seems like the only way forward and she is excited to try.

On top of that, I would like to try it too for muscle recovery and overall healing for my sporting activities.

After reading the excellent blog on the subject on this forum, it seems that drippers are the optimum delivery method and so our journey begins...

I have a few questions on RDA's.

Im pretty sure our kbox's will fire an RDA with ease at 1 or 2 ohms but what about the capo 100? my concern being that it uses a single cell.

How about wire? I would like to use SS316L (the same as our regular coils). How long will it last in an RDA before needing replaced (average estimate).
Can I just remove old cotton and replace it until the coil life is over or do I need to wrap a new coil each time?

Im planning on going with a Hellvape Drop Dead RDA. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Seven

Im pretty sure our kbox's will fire an RDA with ease at 1 or 2 ohms but what about the capo 100? my concern being that it uses a single cell.

This should read 0.1 or 0.2 ohms. Sorry.

First of all :hello:and:welcome1: to the planet..
Now i have two Drop dead RDAs 1 of which is a clone and must say i love em both they easy to build on and give great flavour i use these most of the time now since i got em so i would say you cant go wrong with one...

Hi mate me again sorry forgot to say if you are using a single cell mod then i normally use a single coil you can use a single coil in the Drop Dead as i do on my single cell squonk mods...

First of all :hello:and:welcome1: to the planet..
Now i have two Drop dead RDAs 1 of which is a clone and must say i love em both they easy to build on and give great flavour i use these most of the time now since i got em so i would say you cant go wrong with one...

Hi mate me again sorry forgot to say if you are using a single cell mod then i normally use a single coil you can use a single coil in the Drop Dead as i do on my single cell squonk mods...

Thank you sir!

Good to know that I don't 'have' to use the 2 coils in that unit! And that it's a good one!

From what I can garner on steam engine, I should be able to fire even 2 coils on the capo, I just wanted to be sure incase I was missing or misunderstanding something.

Do you, or anyone reading this, have any recommendations for building SS316L coils?
From my own research it appears that greater surface area is key to great flavour using either flat wire or thinner round wire but more wraps.
What are the real pros an cons of round Vs flat Vs Clapton?
Is there an ideal number of wraps?
Im trying to balance coil surface area with number of wraps and resistance. Aiming for 0.1 - 0.2 ohm total resistance.

Thanks again!

Thank you sir!

Good to know that I don't 'have' to use the 2 coils in that unit! And that it's a good one!

From what I can garner on steam engine, I should be able to fire even 2 coils on the capo, I just wanted to be sure incase I was missing or misunderstanding something.

Do you, or anyone reading this, have any recommendations for building SS316L coils?
From my own research it appears that greater surface area is key to great flavour using either flat wire or thinner round wire but more wraps.
What are the real pros an cons of round Vs flat Vs Clapton?
Is there an ideal number of wraps?
Im trying to balance coil surface area with number of wraps and resistance. Aiming for 0.1 - 0.2 ohm total resistance.

Thanks again!
Your welcome mate sorry i cant tell you much about SS361 as dont really use it all i no is that it works better in temp control on your mod there are are a lot of apes on here that do use SS361 so hopefully one of them may be able to help you more....

Your welcome mate sorry i cant tell you much about SS361 as dont really use it all i no is that it works better in temp control on your mod there are are a lot of apes on here that do use SS361 so hopefully one of them may be able to help you more....

No worries!

Haha, I think the initial 'war and peace's wall of text has scared everyone else away! :18:

No worries!

Haha, I think the initial 'war and peace's wall of text has scared everyone else away! :18:
So I bought a couple of 4550mah batts and that's what im using and it fires WELL above 4.2v with extreme ease.
Maybe its these 4550mah batteries thats scared everyone away.
Can you tell us what they are and post a picture of them please?

Back
Top Bottom