What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Less throat hit and tip burning lips help

beanybean

Postman
How can I get less of a throat hit and stop my tip burning my lips?

I'm using an istick 30w with a subtank mini 0.5 coil

50/50 juice at 6mg

I've ordered some 1.2 coils to try them out at lower watts

Struggling to use it at the moment as its unbearable

Any help and suggestions guys please

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Last edited:
Lower PG, higher VG for less throat hit. 0.6nic should be fine but if you're really sensitive you could try dropping that.

Some juices seem to have a much harsher throat hit that others with the same PG and nic.. try a few different ranges. Menthol/mint flavours have a cooling effect that counteracts it. Also after a few hits you desensitise to throat hit a bit.

As for kit most pre-built coil tanks shouldn't be too warm. Could try dropping the wattage.

As for hot lips get a non-metal drip-tip. Delron, Wood, Pyrex or whatever. A longer metal tip might help but a non-conductor will always be better.

Also worth mentioning technique.. are you mouth-to-lung or lung hit? Either way if you wrap got lips tight around the tip it will be a warmer vape than if you let air in round the sides.

I use a long narrow drip tip as I like the throat hit rather than lung as it makes me cough like mad and I found the short narrow tip that came with the aspire Atlantis gave a massive lung hit.

Come to think of it it's actually a kanger genitank drip tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

beanybean lower the pg for less throat hit... and possibly try varying your vaping style to take in some air as well... if you are getting burning lips try a different material for your drip tip such as glass or delrin or carbon fibre or acrylic. .. metal drip tips are the biggest culprit... and maybe go higher ohms and/or lower watts.. if you're not enjoying the vape as it's too hot or too harsh dial it back some... there is no need to go for bigger clouds or whatever at the expense of enjoying the experience

I hated my subtank when I first got it and that was actually why I joined this forum, wanted some advice on what I might have been doing wrong with it. I was having the same problems as you and it turned out I didn't know how to lung hit. Got lots of helpful advice and now I almost exclusively lung hit, turned out it was exactly what I was after.

Here's a link to my post about it, loads of tips!

http://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=62371

Good advice on looking at lung hitting, which can be great.

For me to use a 0.5 ohm coil I've got to get a lot of air or it will be too hot, a subtank fully open is plenty of air if you lung hit it.

You're also on the right track looking at the higher ohm coils, for my day to day, I run about 1.2.

same problem.

Had the same problem with my subtank so I went hunting and found some drip tips with a bit you turn on them to let air in made a massive difference got them on most of my tanks now no more burnt lips.I need to figure out how to post pics I'll show you the tips.

Back
Top Bottom