What's new

Less sweet nic salts to try?

Strangebudgie

Hello, new user here and also fairly new to vaping. An ex-roll ups smoker I have found nic salts offer me the required hit without the burn of regular e-liquids. I use a SMOK 2 pod device and can't say I miss the roll-ups much which is great for my health and wallet. However, I have struggled to find a nic salt brand/flavour that i can live with for long. Is it me or are they all too sweet and sickly? I have spent ££££ trying different flavours only to end up throwing away half the bottles I buy. Anyway, I am looking for recommendations for brands/flavours that are less sickly. I don't really want a tobacco flavour, but anything fruity, aniseed, coffee etc will do. My favourite so far is Crystal Mist by Double Drip, but even that is on the sweet side. Thanks guys in anticipation ....

@Strangebudgie

Hi there.

Ok so i too have done the same, have tried most brands now.

My favourites are:

Juice Head
Dr vapes pink sour and pink smoothie
Just Jam
Nexus by pod salt
Solt do some good aniseed flavours

Hope that helps!

Find a ‘Heisenberg’ - Vampire Vapes do the original, but they’re cheaper copies. Fruity/aniseed combo a lot of people like, a lot loath: I suspect you’ll be in the ‘like’ category :)

Hello and welcome to PotV. Good luck on finding what you like. I don't use store-bought ejuice so I can't really help.

As the OP I thought I would give feedback on the helpful recommendations given above and share my new found favourite 'non-sweet' nic salts. I hope it helps for other vapers without a sweet tooth.

Negative Reviews:

VV Heisenberg Nic Salt - Just horrible, tastes like industrial effluent.
Pod Salt - I tried Blackcurrant (OK, but not great tbh and pretty harsh), Watermelon Breeze (quite authentic flavour, but OTT after a while and not really to my taste)

Top Marks:

BombBonz - Toffee BonBons Nic Salt. I wouldn't have tried this as it sounds sickly, but my vape shop recommended it. Nice caramel/toffee flavour, but not over sweet or cloying.

Dinner Lady - Cherry Menthol Nic Salt - Very subtle flavour and no throat hit, but pleasant all the same and not sweet at all. It's now my go to for a cheeky stealth vape in the toilets/broom cupboard at work as there is very little after smell.

Ruthless Nic Salt - Coffee and Tobacco. As a previous 20-a-day roll up man, I wanted to avoid tobacco flavours, but this is more black coffee than tobacco. Very nice, not sweet at all, bit of a throat hit and nice mellow flavour.

Double Drip - Crystal Mist Nic Salt. Hard to describe the flavour - a bit fruity with a nice hit and menthol on the exhale. I like it and it satisfies my nic cravings more than any of the others - also a good stealth vape.

Cheers, Paul

As the OP I thought I would give feedback on the helpful recommendations given above and share my new found favourite 'non-sweet' nic salts. I hope it helps for other vapers without a sweet tooth.

Negative Reviews:

Pod Salt - I tried Blackcurrant (OK, but not great tbh and pretty harsh), Watermelon Breeze (quite authentic flavour, but OTT after a while and not really to my taste)

Top Marks:

BombBonz - Toffee BonBons Nic Salt. I wouldn't have tried this as it sounds sickly, but my vape shop recommended it. Nice caramel/toffee flavour, but not over sweet or cloying.

Dinner Lady - Cherry Menthol Nic Salt - Very subtle flavour and no throat hit, but pleasant all the same and not sweet at all. It's now my go to for a cheeky stealth vape in the toilets/broom cupboard at work as there is very little after smell.

Ruthless Nic Salt - Coffee and Tobacco. As a previous 20-a-day roll up man, I wanted to avoid tobacco flavours, but this is more black coffee than tobacco. Very nice, not sweet at all, bit of a throat hit and nice mellow flavour.

Double Drip - Crystal Mist Nic Salt. Hard to describe the flavour - a bit fruity with a nice hit and menthol on the exhale. I like it and it satisfies my nic cravings more than any of the others - also a good stealth vape.

Cheers, Paul
Thanks for the feedback there, it's good to see someone come back and give feedback on advice they've received.
Heisenberg is what they use to kill rats I think.
That coffee tobacco sounds nice though!

Find a ‘Heisenberg’ - Vampire Vapes do the original, but they’re cheaper copies. Fruity/aniseed combo a lot of people like, a lot loath: I suspect you’ll be in the ‘like’ category :)
Was about to say the same

However:
lol so its Leni´s fault! :D
Pinkman its even more disgusting than Heisenberg. Just stay away.

Back
Top Bottom