What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

It's nice when it works...

Herman

Initiate
I got my vape about 2 weeks ago from a friend, had a few cigs that night after vaping a bit, but after that I was smoke free so that's good at least.
I just can't get it to work consistently. I have an iStick pico and a melo 3, I always get burnt hits, often zero taste. I tried several juices, went through 6 coils already, but all I get for the most parth is just a sore throat and very little enjoyment.
Sometimes I get very nice vape for like an hour or something and then it's great but it just doesn't stay that way. I wonder if I am even doing anything good for my health with all that burnt taste. There are also so many options for hardware, but from reviews my setup seems to be quite ok, I don't know what I am doing wrong. Will probably try some RDA soon, money is not a huge issue because at least I save it on cigs, but the way it's going it's not a very great experience so far.

What wattage are you vaping at? And what is the vg/pg ratio of your juice?

Which vaping products are you using right now? I'm looking for a reliable vendor because I would like to buy vape pen. I have head about biddaddysmoke. Does anyone use this vendor yet?

@Herman it would be useful to know what nic level your juice is. If you’ve got a high nic and you are vaping at high wattage that could be the problem here. In terms of coils bed them in via two ways: Make sure you put a drop of juice on the coil heads and cotton, then fill the tank and leave for 20 minutes and second start at a low wattage and work up to the recommended level.

It sounds to me like your hitting it too hard - either too high a wattage or your chain vaping.

The fact that sometimes it's ok for an hour would suggest that you're priming your coils ok or at least on that occasion you did?

It sounds to me like your hitting it too hard - either too high a wattage or your chain vaping.

The fact that sometimes it's ok for an hour would suggest that you're priming your coils ok or at least on that occasion you did?
Yeah ^^^ this!

@Herman ive just had a quick look at the melo as ive not used one, that is a sub ohm dtl tank, most new vapers go for mtl to start with because its more like a draw of a cig.
What liquid are you using? Pg/vg ratio and nic strength?

tT's also not advisable to vape the tank dry, or anywhere near dry really. The cotton won't be able to absorb the juice quickly enough.

@Herman ive just had a quick look at the melo as ive not used one, that is a sub ohm dtl tank, most new vapers go for mtl to start with because its more like a draw of a cig.
What liquid are you using? Pg/vg ratio and nic strength?

This is a good point. If you are dragging on it like it's a ciggie, and its high nic, then that could be the problem. Have a google of the MTL and DTL and look at the difference.

When I packed up I had a starter mod and 12mg of Nic. When I put this juice in my first sub-ohm it was far far too strong and did my throat in!

Hi Herman you've had great advice from the guys above, when i made the switch eight odd years ago i had a cough you would believe that lasted a few weeks also sore throat and felt quite rough, the doctor told me this is your body getting used to not having all that excessive nic in you but i kept at the vaping and it sorted itself out then after a few months i felt great, it was then i knew i'd never touch another ciggy.

Steve.

Back
Top Bottom