What's new

Istick 100w tc or cool fire IV 18650?

Let us know how you're getting on with whatever you choose to get on payday :) Great that you were able to try a few tanks before spending your cash, you can get the best mod in the world but if the tank doesn't suit your needs then it makes no odds what mod you got, the magic is all in the atty you use...and the juice of course, but that's a whole other story lol
And how right you are.
Firstly i cannot believe i spelt flavours that way! Appalling! Lol
So talking of flavours@yappycat, whats your top 5?

Oh I'm not a good person to ask about flavours - my preferences chop and change too much, I use RDAs a lot so I'm constantly switching between flavours. Yesterday I was in the house with no hubby to bitch about my vape fog so I mebbe grazed on at least 15-20 different flavours from probs about 10 different manufacturers..including my own DIY stuff. I tend to like bakery style juices tho - desserts, puddings - that sort of thing. Right now I'm vaping on Just Jam, Strawberry Jam on Toast.
What kind of flavours are you into? MrDJ has compiled a fantastic thread of forum recommended e-liquid and hardware suppliers here if you're ever looking for inspiration. Manabush juices are my goto for my Nautilus tank when I fancy a mtl vape, massively flavoursome and very satisfying. I mtl less and less these days tho, I think it's probs coz I've pretty much broken my smoking habit now and a mtl vape on higher nic Manabush juice was my preferred method of stifling cravings when I started.

Speaking of which, congrats to you - quit for almost one whole lunar month now! 28 days felt like my first milestone..and I think it was when I stopped lurking and made my very first post on this forum :) never looked back since. Hope you enjoy your new kit when you get it, and it keeps ya cig free!
:goodjob:

Well at this moment i have a small collection of bargain basement juices and while they are "not bad" they are nothing like the the more expensive ones which again come payday i will probably treat myself too.
Right now ive got 88vape arctic cherry in one pen (which tastes like cherry tunes) and rolling leaf in the other. I do like to mix a little menthol and some morello cherry in with the "tobacco" one.... makes it taste a bit like bakewell tart suprisingly!

I did what most smokers do and go for a few tobacco like ones and even though they dont taste like tobacco (more like coffee cream choccies) they did the trick.
Im so glad i took the plunge as im seriously enjoying vaping and am looking forwards to trying some new flavours and learning more and more about setups. Although i dont want to put descent juice in my pen! So will wait till im kitted up. Also im using 16mg nic at mo and believe i should be looking to move down to a 12 or 6? As there will be more vapour produced? And i dont want to tear my throat out lol.

I just need to get my brain around wattage settings for the ohms in coils and ill be pretty much there i think. (For now)

Well at this moment i have a small collection of bargain basement juices and while they are "not bad" they are nothing like the the more expensive ones which again come payday i will probably treat myself too.
Right now ive got 88vape arctic cherry in one pen (which tastes like cherry tunes) and rolling leaf in the other. I do like to mix a little menthol and some morello cherry in with the "tobacco" one.... makes it taste a bit like bakewell tart suprisingly!

I did what most smokers do and go for a few tobacco like ones and even though they dont taste like tobacco (more like coffee cream choccies) they did the trick.
Im so glad i took the plunge as im seriously enjoying vaping and am looking forwards to trying some new flavours and learning more and more about setups. Although i dont want to put descent juice in my pen! So will wait till im kitted up. Also im using 16mg nic at mo and believe i should be looking to move down to a 12 or 6? As there will be more vapour produced? And i dont want to tear my throat out lol.

I just need to get my brain around wattage settings for the ohms in coils and ill be pretty much there i think. (For now)

Don't worry too much about reducing your nic, too soon and you may find cravings start getting tough to deal with - there's no such thing as 'too late' nicotine is not as harmful as it's made out to be, nicotine + tobacco is the killer so reduce the nic level at your leisure and only when you feel like you're ready.
You're correct in saying higher nicotine = more throat hit, but less nicotine will not necessarily produce more vapour. It might seem that way because low nicotine juices tend to be higher in VG and more suited to subohm coils in tanks with more airflow for a direct lung inhale - all of which contribute to a cloudier vape.

Mini cheat sheet on e-juice ingredients:

Nicotine = contributes to throat hit, keeps you offa the stinkies!
Propylene Glycol (PG) = Carries flavour well, increases throat hit, is thinner than VG and so better for +ohm coils often used in mtl style tanks
Vegetable Glycerine (VG) = Sweeter than PG so less throat hit but doesn't carry flavour as efficiently, can be quite thick so better suited for -ohm coils in airy dtl style tanks..produces denser vapour in higher volumes than PG

Wattage settings: Most coils have the recommended wattage range printed on them. +ohm coils need less power(watts) to heat them than -ohm coils. Generally speaking the lower the power, the longer the lifespan of the coil. Start at the low end of the range and work upwards slowly until you hit the ideal wattage for you. This sweet spot may also vary from juice to juice too. So don't get too fixated on wattage, it's just a number displayed on the screen of your mod, find what number suits your tastebuds best and roll with that :)

brain is still not in gear as dosed up on meds so will try to explain the different coils and ratios and all that malarky.
mouth to lung coils all have higher numbers so for the nautilus or nautilus 2 the 1.8 and 1.6 are best with a 50vg/50pg ratio of juice. the vg is what produces the clouds and the pg gives the throat hit.
these coils can be used with 18mg /12mg without giving too much of a throat hit as you will be using much lower wattage like 10-14watts max.
the higher the vg the thicker the juice. 70vg/30 pg will work in these coils but will clog up quicker so if a coil with 50/50 lasts 2-3 weeks then 70/30 will last 10-14 days. it does vary though depending on how you vape and how big a draw you take.
ive still not had a chance to try the 0.7 coil yet but this is a mid line mtl and also dtl coil so with the air holes open fully it can be used for sub dtl and only open one notch can be used for mtl.
the coils will all have the wattage range on the side of them so start low and turn up until you find your sweet spot. if you get a burnt taste then youve gone too far so turn down a couple of watts and leave it there.
always check the juice ratio before you buy as the norm now is more for subbing and 70/30
on my list that yappycat linked too above check out post 7 as that is for mouth to lung and more 50/50 juices.

a few good places for cheaper juice are
Drip Drop
Re Juiced
LiQuid

for premium range and imports look no further than
Manabush (backy infused with fruit)
Vape Potion
DripworX

Yet again awesome advice. After a little more reading and a bit of shopping about i think ive decided on the aspire zelos...well two of them (i know complete 180 from where i started)...1) so i have 2 tanks and 2) so i have a back up mod. With the discount code on Here it works out at just under £80. Considering the tanks are £20 a pop that would also make the mods £20 a pop....bargain!!
I also quickly got over my low battery fear as i realised i have a 25000mAh power pack in my bag when working with 1 and 2.1A ports on it. And reading the reviews it looks ideal for what id like to achieve.

@MrDJ whats your favourite custard? (For your custard fix).
Something weird happened yesterday, i was using my normal cheap as liquids as i have done since the beginning and i noticed they tasted......well....different.
The fruit twist (which normally tastes like a bit of a washed out fruit salad) tasted almost packed with fruit and to my suprise had a back note of custard..... none of my kit has changed yet (order goes in this friday and i cannot wait. Im like a kid waiting for christmas) but it made me think maybe id like to try a descent custard and who better to ask lol.....

It's varied over the years and there is such a lot of difference in taste depending on what tank and wattage you are using.
For the last 1.5 years it's been campfire custard from dragons rise. Now most of their range have been shite and gone down the sink but the custard stands out. It's not a plain vanilla but has marshmallow and a hint of strawberry in it. great at low wattage 16-20w in my subtank mini but in my crown at 50w it's yuk.
Price is great as well at £10 for 100ml.
Also the clotted custard from glouster gloop is great at high wattage but is 20 for 50ml.
Latest one I'm liking is the custard company but only ruddy 10ml bottles at the mo but I see they are bringing out 60ml nic free and add a nic shot.
You can find a few more on my list on post 2
Quite a few are the same and like the above but as tastes are so subjective we have to state what one person likes the other may find them lake.

@MrDJ whats your favourite custard? (For your custard fix).
Something weird happened yesterday, i was using my normal cheap as liquids as i have done since the beginning and i noticed they tasted......well....different.

This is normal, not weird. Your taste buds are starting to wake up. or your old factory senses are waking up. hell, maybe your snozz has fully cleared.

Back
Top Bottom