What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Istick 100w tc or cool fire IV 18650?

Qwackers98

Achiever
Evening all, im after some advice if possible.
I've recently started vaping (6 weeks ago) using a simple ce4 and small battery (650mah i think). I was round my mates the other day and he uses a nautilus with a mod of some sort (not sure which one). I was taken aback at how different the taste was (as i knew no different) and decided i wanted to progress onto a better kit. I spoke to my friends that vape but i dont think they got what i was trying to achieve (baby beasts n all sorts got recommended).
I started reading, reading some more and then reading something else. It was at this point my brain imploded as i did not realise the scope of choice that was out there. Originally i was looking towards the smok alien mod. I have since realised that this would be overkill for what i would like.
Ive decided that replaceable batteries would be preferable and im also quite keen on the nautilus 2 tank (based on what people are saying).
In regards to the tank what would the difference between the 0.7, 1.8 and 1.6 ohm coils be? (Im not interested in sub ohming just yet just more flavour out of my juice which is a higher nicotine content 16 -11 mg as i intend to reduce it over time being new off smokes)

So onto the mod. I think ive narrowed it down to the istick 100w tc or the cool fire IV 18650 but im not sure which would suit best?
Has anyone any experience of these mods?
What are they actually like?
Would the nauty 2 be a good match?
Whats the battery life like? (Samsung 25r?) (my little pen battery lasts about 3/4 of the day)

Im open to all suggestions and information.
Thanks in advance all.

Hello Qwackers and welcome to the page!

I have experience with similar products to the ones you have mentioned, so hopefully I can be of some use.

I am assuming you are a mouth to lung vaper vaping at the higher nicotine levels, and if that is the case the Nautilus would be really well suited for yourself. I initially stopped smoking with the original Aspire Nautilus and it is still working 3 years on, so if the new tanks are anything like that (which judging from other vapers on POTV they are), it will be a great purchase.

In terms of difference between the coils, it really depends on your personal preferences. The heat of the vapour, the duration of your inhale, amount of juice consumed, how you set your airflow...so it is really down to your preference - my kop out answer would be start in the middle!

With the mods, again I haven't experienced the Coolfire iv 18650... but I do own the coolfire iv tc100 - which just has a higher wattage cap (but if you are not sub-ohming this shouldn't matter too much) and built in battery. I love my coolfire. I generally vape around 50-70w and with work in between it lasts me all day. With the convenience of a built in battery, size and weight on this mod, I would rate it highly. If you are committed to a removable battery, samsung 25rs are a great bet (the ones I generally use). They give you good life and are capable of being used at higher wattage should you fancy it.

Again, I am basing what I know on personal experience of 'similar' items.. but from what you are saying a Nautilus tank, coolfire iv mod and samsung 25r batteries would be a great set up!

^this. great advice.
ive got both nautilus and nautilus 2 but not had a chance to try the 2 yet.
the coils 1.6 and 1.8 personally i cant tell any difference. the idea is the higher the number the lower the wattage. so 1.8 i have used between 12-14watts max so i guess the 1.6 should go slightly higher. i found the 1.8 lasted longer though.
the 0.7 is a new coil and is more for sub ohm but if you use it on the first air hole instead of having it fully open ive heard it can still be used for mouth to lung but you have the option of turning it up and trying direct to lung.
the tank was released with its own mod the zelous which looks quite compact £44.99 from uk https://www.ecigone.co.uk/e-cig-kits but i guess cheaper from china.

my smallest mods are my first buys the istick30 and 40TC and still being used and holding a charge after 2.5 years. used every day at work for my custard fix.
ive also only got the coolfire100 which has a built in battery but is a great simple mod to use and with low wattage should last a good few days.
the istick100 i only use as backup now but ive got so many mods and tanks it doesnt get used every day.

Hello Qwackers and welcome to the page!

I have experience with similar products to the ones you have mentioned, so hopefully I can be of some use.

I am assuming you are a mouth to lung vaper vaping at the higher nicotine levels, and if that is the case the Nautilus would be really well suited for yourself. I initially stopped smoking with the original Aspire Nautilus and it is still working 3 years on, so if the new tanks are anything like that (which judging from other vapers on POTV they are), it will be a great purchase.

In terms of difference between the coils, it really depends on your personal preferences. The heat of the vapour, the duration of your inhale, amount of juice consumed, how you set your airflow...so it is really down to your preference - my kop out answer would be start in the middle!

With the mods, again I haven't experienced the Coolfire iv 18650... but I do own the coolfire iv tc100 - which just has a higher wattage cap (but if you are not sub-ohming this shouldn't matter too much) and built in battery. I love my coolfire. I generally vape around 50-70w and with work in between it lasts me all day. With the convenience of a built in battery, size and weight on this mod, I would rate it highly. If you are committed to a removable battery, samsung 25rs are a great bet (the ones I generally use). They give you good life and are capable of being used at higher wattage should you fancy it.

Again, I am basing what I know on personal experience of 'similar' items.. but from what you are saying a Nautilus tank, coolfire iv mod and samsung 25r batteries would be a great set up!
Thanks for the reply. Yes definitely MTL for now. But who knows what the future may bring.
It seems the cool fire mods are well loved my only twitch is its a single battery where as the istick is dual.
I spend many hours away from home daily and am not in a position to use anything apart from the dreadded in car charger. Spare batts would alleviate the issue i guess. @MrDJ Might have to invest in an istick 30/40 as a back up too. Just in case....... lol. Only having 1 mod!? Unthinkable now ive read a few posts.

just to give you an idea on size.
the only single battery mod is the istick60 on left.
the istick100 is quite a big box mod now for what it does. when releast it was great but now a bit big compared to the others.
the coolfire 100 in middle has a fixed internal battery
all the others are dual battery and all 220w which is overkill but the batteries will last for ages at nautilus tank wattage.

others ive not got but are highly rated are the pico and ipower. just so many to chose from.

Image67231047.jpg

I wouldn't be put off by the internal battery of the coolfire plus. I've still got my original coolfire going strong and it's been in heavy use for years. The plus is as good as new. I've got the istick 100tc too. Well 120w with the updates and that's a workhorse but the coolfire range is more ergonomic.

What @eyeball kid said, Coolfires are highly reliable and the built in battery lasts a good amount of time, especially with a nautilus. But with removable batteries it gives you that peace of mind that should the batteries run out, you can replace them...

Or you could always buy more than one mod... but no promises you wont end up with something similar to @MrDJ 's selection up there!

Thats quite a collection. Im an "engineer/tech" so collecting things (shineyitus, magpieism, kleptomania) cant be helped. Id buy them all if i could......but i cant....
wife says i need to be sensible. :S

I dont do sensible well.
But im trying.....

If your current battery is 650mah, your new mod battery should last at least 3 times that. I'd pair a Nautilus 2 with a Pico personally, more compact for the small tank. Eleaf or Innokin though - can't go wrong either way. If you're sticking to mtl vaping you can also use a Samsung 30Q for slightly higher MAH. They're what I use.

Back
Top Bottom