What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Issues with Smok Alien 220w

ChrisVape

I've had my vape for a couple of months now and has been working fine until now. The issue I'm having is that when I'm using my vape after about 2 seconds of use I can feel it pretty much drop off so to speak. It suddenly becomes weak producing less vapour than right when I first fire it and feels like it slows down to the point where it's almost like nothing is happening. After looking online loads I can't seem to find the source of the problem or solution it. I'm wondering if anyone else has the same issue or knows what's going on and how to fix it.

Hi @ChrisVape and welcome to the planet.

from that description im guessing you have it set to TC temp control mode and not wattage mode.

can you tell us or even post a picture of your screen to confirm this.
also which tank and coil are you using as only coils that should be used in TC mode are Ni/Ni200 nickel, Ti titanium. SS stainless steel coils can be used in both TC and wattage mode.
ive been vaping for over 4 years and only ever tried TC once. that was enough for me for this exact same reason so ive stuck with wattage ever since.
ive got 2 aliens here and never had a issue but if you are using smok coils then their QC are crap.

Hi @ChrisVape and welcome to the planet.

from that description im guessing you have it set to TC temp control mode and not wattage mode.

can you tell us or even post a picture of your screen to confirm this.
also which tank and coil are you using as only coils that should be used in TC mode are Ni/Ni200 nickel, Ti titanium. SS stainless steel coils can be used in both TC and wattage mode.
ive been vaping for over 4 years and only ever tried TC once. that was enough for me for this exact same reason so ive stuck with wattage ever since.
ive got 2 aliens here and never had a issue but if you are using smok coils then their QC are crap.
Thanks for your response. I've added a picture of my screen. I'm using smok V8 Baby - T8 coils. I turned it on and off again and that seems to have worked for now but based on what you've said I think it may be the coils.

Attachments

• 20190806_193016.jpg
    20190806_193016.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 208
Shouldn't those volts be reading 3.5ish at those watts and resistance? :hmm:

fek knows what mode that is M8 should show WATT
looks like you are in memory mode.
best change it to wattage.

3 clicks to enter mode > 1 long press > then press up button and change to WATT

youve also got it set to High. i use normal and if you want to change it it shows after youve changed to watt mode.

Thanks for your response. I've added a picture of my screen. I'm using smok V8 Baby - T8 coils. I turned it on and off again and that seems to have worked for now but based on what you've said I think it may be the coils.
As @MrDJ says follow the instructions in the attached pdf and return it to wattage mode and normal from the soft, normal, and hard settings.
Once changed take the tank off and put it back on again and press the fire button.
It will ask if its a new coil so always select yes.
Then lower the watts to just below the minimum advised for the coil and try it.
Increase the watts by a few and try again. Keep going till you find the right watts for you.

Then report back and tell us we're all great and you're glad you found the planet :2thumbsup:

Attachments

• Smok-Alien-User-Manual.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 365
press the fire button quickly and see if it changes.

Back
Top Bottom