What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Issue with Doom X dock get hot

@Mitz I watched two video reviews on this the one I linked above and this one.
They're worth watching if just for the realisation that it looks like they don't seem to want to be doing the review for some reason :hmm:

I tried watching the first one but I had to skip through most of it. Don't know why but Matt just annoys the hell out of me. Seems like a really nice guy and I don't at all dislike him but his videos always make me feel like throwing a bottle of juice at my screen wishing it would go through a time tunnel and burst out the other end and hit him. I really don't know why. :18: Mike Vapes I can deal with.

The honeycomb insert looks pretty pointless. Why on earth didn't they just put it directly over the inside of the air intake?

Personally, like everything else I wick - I'd want to trim the tails back as much as I possibly could without causing it to leak. Might even try cutting a small recess in to the tails to allow the juice to feed in from the juice port. Hard to know what it'll allow without actually having one. A lot simply comes down to trial and error.

Last edited:
I tried watching the first one but I had to skip through most of it. Don't know why but Matt just annoys the hell out of me. Seems like a really nice guy and I don't at all dislike him but his videos always make me feel like throwing a bottle of juice at my screen wishing it would go through a time tunnel and burst out the other end and hit him. I really don't know why. :18: Mike Vapes I can deal with.

The honeycomb insert looks pretty pointless. Why on earth didn't they just put it directly over the inside of the air intake?

Personally, like everything else I wick - I'd want to trim the tails back as much as I possibly could without causing it to leak. Might even try cutting a small recess in to the tails to allow the juice to feed in from the juice port. Hard to know what it'll allow without actually having one. A lot simply comes down to trial and error.
Funny I tried the recess last night but no real joy.
I'm going to go back to 6mm xfibre later but really cut it back almost to the mesh itself.
The trouble with wick tails is by the time you've got the tank section on there's probably around 2-3mm of room for cotton.
Bigger juice holes would flood the cotton more but I'm still a bit reluctant to chop at it yet.
If you're bored get one just pick up some of that throat numbing spray ready for the dry hits :D

This is where it has to be and it's easy to get one side right you just have to cut it straight then tease it back by pulling the other end through.
It's not so easy getting the other end the same but I think I've got close enough so I'll report back later see how it's going.

20210210_173719.jpg

This thing has juice flow control, right? You've got the tank turned so that the juice flow is wide open?

You're actually making me really want to buy one just so I can have a go at wicking it. :rotflmao:
After biuld is done and deck is screw to tank always close juice holes to fill it then fully open it when top cap is screw back. Now i'm trying push full cb prime strip. Ceramic block is near to bottom of the deck it's so tight that if screw dont hold good mesh will pop-up ^^. I will try it and give you guys know also make in process few pic to make sure everything is good to cheack it.

After biuld is done and deck is screw to tank always close juice holes to fill it then fully open it when top cap is screw back. Now i'm trying push full cb prime strip. Ceramic block is near to bottom of the deck it's so tight that if screw dont hold good mesh will pop-up ^^. I will try it and give you guys know also make in process few pic to make sure everything is good to cheack it.
See if you can get it trimmed like my picture above with thick cotton cos it seems to be workimg well atm.
I can push it 60w and it's keeping up.

Back
Top Bottom