What's new

Issue with Doom X dock get hot

BlackDragon

Initiate
Hello everyone. When i recive this ati everything work fine as should be. On first build i made the coild mesh 06 and sorks great vape was wet and juicy there was no issue. When coil go junk first thing i clean ati with water and put away for a 12h to dry. When it dry i made the new build and the issue start dock ater few vapes go hot also top part of drip tip. Mod and the battery are cold the strange thing is wicking is perfect juice flow as should be fast drain the tank to fill the deck airflow is fully open and juice hole is also fully open. cotton is yellow but no burn (cotton bacon prime). Now ahave a dry taste of liquid, after few vapes deck and top part of drip tip really hot. I really at this point dont know what is going on. Also i try this ati on diffrent mod with diffrent battery and the same thing is happening.

I don't have this particular atty but someone who does will be along to offer some advice soon I'm sure.

Welcome to the forum @BlackDragon

giphy-7.gif

Looks like you're getting a hot spot here. Maybe the cotton isn't making full contact with the mesh in this spot. When using mesh you have to make sure cotton is in contact with all mesh at all times. There cannot be any spaces or gaps between the cotton and the mesh. If the cotton sags and creates a gap you'll have problems.

2021-02-08_18.55.29.jpg

Last edited:
I absolutely love and hate the Dooms.
Gave up on the first one as i saw no way of getting it to perform.
The X arived with me a few days ago and I'd given up on it until today i decided to give it another go.
I've just built it again but tbh I'm still none the wiser as to what I'm doing wrong.

I'd agree with @Mitz though about the hot spot which could be the cotton which to me looks like it needs a little more or it could be that the mesh is on the slant which could be making it heat unevenly.

Looks like you're getting a hot spot here. Maybe the cotton isn't making full contact with the mesh in this spot. When using mesh you have to make sure cotton is in contact with all mesh at all times. There cannot be any spaces or gaps between the cotton and the mesh. If the cotton sags and creates a gap you'll have problems.

View attachment 239550
I know but the same thing every time on 3mm or 6mm cotton ;/

@ Mitz thx photos uploaded ^^
@trawberryRippl When i give more cotton around 6mm cotton bacon or the box cotton from doom x after few vapes the mesh is black vape is verly noticable and dry and few more vapes give burn taste ;/

Attachments

• doom coil.jpeg
    doom coil.jpeg
    333.5 KB · Views: 47
  • doom coil side.jpeg
    doom coil side.jpeg
    439.9 KB · Views: 47
  • nextmesh.jpeg
    nextmesh.jpeg
    602 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
I know but the same thing every time on 3mm or 6mm cotton ;/

@ Mitz thx photos uploaded ^^
Do you realise the chamber lines up with the red lines ive drawn in this picture so it will push the cotton down when you pop the deck in.
I think this is then pushing the cotton away from the mesh.

20210208_192643.jpg

Back
Top Bottom