What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Is vaping going to mess me up?

Vapeguy1990

Postman
Hi guys, new to vaping after being a smoker for 11 years. I'm actually still smoking a bit so after some advice please.
My mate who took up vaping for a month or two has told me that initially his chest felt better but right around the 6 week mark came down with a bad chest infection. Now with me having been to hospital with asthma related issues am not keep to go back and as much as I know smoking is not good for me I have also not had a chest infection in years (as did my mate before he tried the vaping) . Now I'm not trying to slate vaping in suggest that it's worse than smoking as I know this is NOT true but just after advice and general experiences please. So do I go for it? I'm concerned about having a chest infection as my Asthma is quite bad and dint want to have an attack. thanks

I would say that the infection was a coincidence. I've just had a nasty one but I put that down to Ryanair, not vaping.

I think you always do get some kind of illness after quitting smoking, like your immune system's vulnerable & your body's repairing itself, that's what I found anyway

Long term, vaping is whole load better for you than smoking

Rest assured, vaping does not cause chest infections. :)

Do you suffer with bad athsma bro? Just worried that the switch is guna trigger something. I'm just quite sketchy as I know some have issues with certain coils etc too and being addicted for so long worried that the sudden change is going to do something that makes my already hard life harder if yiu get me

I think you always do get some kind of illness after quitting smoking, like your immune system's vulnerable & your body's repairing itself, that's what I found anyway

Long term, vaping is whole load better for you than smoking

This is the part that scares me bro, I've lost a family member to an Asthma attack so am extra scared of it.
Yeh I wish I could jump 2 months down the line as I know it's a much better choice in the long run but also I'm thinking anything could happen during the switch

Personally never had an issue when I switched. I've heard some say you will cough up loads of crap as your chest clears, never happened to me. Everyone is different.

Personally never had an issue when I switched. I've heard some say you will cough up loads of crap as your chest clears, never happened to me. Everyone is different.

I guess what I'm trying to guage is peoples experience who also suffer with asthma and how they have found the switch as that's the main worry I suppose

Hi and welcome to the planet.

If you had said within the first two weeks then that's understandable as your body is going through detox clearing all the shite out of your lungs and the normal is coughing and weezing. After 2-3 weeks you are on the mend and any infections or illnesses are usually down to nature and nout to do with vaping.
For long term smokers the damage is most prob done and you could still have underlying health issues which of course the anti vape brigade immediately blame on vaping.

Back
Top Bottom