What's new

Is Sub Ohm safer than RDA vaping (Health wise, Not build wise)

Chris Aldworth

I'm after any information of if using an RDA is unhealthier in any way or if they are the same as sub ohm vaping?

I think the difference would be negligible at best if any but what I would say is if your that concerned over safety then surly the safest way possible would be MTL flavourless vaping with the highest nic content so you consume the least amount of chemicals [emoji6]

I think the difference would be negligible at best if any but what I would say is if your that concerned over safety then surly the safest way possible would be MTL flavourless vaping with the highest nic content so you consume the least amount of chemicals [emoji6]
I'm already sub ohming. I just need some evidence so I can show the misses so she will let me use an rda

The most unsafe chemical of the lot is nicotine. In it's purest form it's one of the most deadly poisons there is. Because we dilute it so much it brings the toxicity down to safe levels for vaping.

RBA's can use different resistance coils which can be plus or sub ohm.

The main thing you have to be careful of when you are sub ohming is battery safety using low resistance coils at higher watts. Low resistance coils push the batteries much harder. You've probably heard the stories of cases where batteries have exploded.

When you start sub-ohming it's important to make sure you buy batteries from somewhere where you can be sure they're not fakes and ensure they have a high enough Amp rating to run low resistance coils at higher wattages.

The only other potential health concern I can really think of is if you are an allergy sufferer in which case any of the ingredients and also things like titanium in some coils can cause allergic reactions for some people.

Vaping is, however, way less unhealthy than smoking tobacco with all it's added nasties.

If you are asking if using a 'sub-ohm tank' is safer than using a 'dripper' then no there's no difference everything else being equal.

With sub ohm stock coils you don't have much control over wire type or cotton, where as with a RDA your in full control of the wire and cotton being used.
That being said a stock coil and RDA both built with the same wire and cotton should make no difference to health risk or allergies.

known unknowns.png

Tell her it's a known unknown.

I'm already sub ohming. I just need some evidence so I can show the misses so she will let me use an rda

There's isn't any because it's pretty much irrelevant. If you are inhaling the same vapour then you are inhaling the same vapour, with the same risks.

Be easier to get your trousers back & make your own decision based on the facts ;):D

Glad someone said it lol, couple other things the op may wanna have a rummage around for in the Mrs purse to, by the sounds of it

Back
Top Bottom