What's new

Innokin t20s to first e-pipe

EllieE

Hi guys,
An introductory hello wave and question rolled into one if I may?
Had a few vape pens, Innokin remain my favourite for the draw and I currently have the t20s (which I am bored with).
I don't vape for cloud, only for a nice hit and am 6mg.
I want to buy my first e-pipe, have been on the internet for days researching, and my mind is swimming.
I prefer a traditional looking pipe, but they seem to start from expensive onwards.
The entry level epipe seems to be the kamry k1000 plus at around £30, but I am wary. Do I spend £30 on entry level, or £50 being a better investment (you would think!). All the reviews tend to have positives and negatives, including those at £50+ saying "not worth the money" etc.
So where do I start, any advise on a newbie e-piper? :-)
p.s. in the UK, and have seen the Kamry available with a 4ml tank which seems a bonus...

@Crewella

I don't know much about epipes but I do know that you can screw the Aspire mini nautilus tank onto the 510 fitting and with the metal tank it looks good.This opens up the whole family of Aspire nautilus BVC coils.

I've been eyeing up the Kamry pipe myself,the one with the rounded bottom,i like rounded bottoms.

Last edited:
Hi guys,
An introductory hello wave and question rolled into one if I may?
Had a few vape pens, Innokin remain my favourite for the draw and I currently have the t20s (which I am bored with).
I don't vape for cloud, only for a nice hit and am 6mg.
I want to buy my first e-pipe, have been on the internet for days researching, and my mind is swimming.
I prefer a traditional looking pipe, but they seem to start from expensive onwards.
The entry level epipe seems to be the kamry k1000 plus at around £30, but I am wary. Do I spend £30 on entry level, or £50 being a better investment (you would think!). All the reviews tend to have positives and negatives, including those at £50+ saying "not worth the money" etc.
So where do I start, any advise on a newbie e-piper? :-)
p.s. in the UK, and have seen the Kamry available with a 4ml tank which seems a bonus...
I have the Kamry K1000 plus and it's awesome, and still working after a year. I also have several of the older K1000s but the Plus is better and lasts longer.

As above, it has a 510 connection so the Nautilus tanks work fine on it ........ as will most other 510 connection MTL tanks. To be honest I've never used the tanks that come with the kit as they're rarely as good as the Nautilus. Hope that helps. :)

@Deaf Vaper uses the Plus as well.

Hi and welcome. Crewella knows her stuff on pipes and MTL so I can't really add anything.

Heya Ellie, welcome to the planet.

Yep..a Kamry K1000 plus is a good one to start with, as it's a nice simple dinky little pipe. It's not quite a traditional pipe in terms of it's shape, but unlike the earlier ones that are pipe like, which @Crewella has plenty of...they are mechs only...the K1000 plus does have a chip in it, so is easier to use..as it'll regulate the power flow better than the older version. It's not a proper regulated pipe (it's a hybrid of sorts), as there's no adjustment on this one..just fire and vape. But works pretty well with Naulilus Mini tank. You can just buy the bowl on it's own, which is around £19 i think, from Petersham Pipes https://www.petershampipes.co.uk/product/kamry-k1000-plus-replacement-bowl-battery/ plus the other spares for it, including the stem if you want it. They're great to carry around with you, as they are so small, especially if you just have the standard drip tip on the tank, as i do, great for stealth vaping! The battery should last around a couple of tanks worth, i usually get about a day of it, before needing to recharge it. The battery is built in, so is recharged via USB cable..simple as it comes.

I have two Kamry K1000 plus bowls, the first i bought nearly a year ago...and is still in use today. The only thing i would say..is that the 18350 battery is a bit limited in terms of power delivery, so much so, that i've stopped using my Naut mini on it (fitted with the 1.8 BVC, cos i was having problems with the coils not lasting very long with the Kamry), and now have the Nautllus 2 tank on it with 0.7 coil fitted (looks a bit daft, cos the tank is wider than the fitting on the bowl), as this works better imo. The pipe was designed to take a stock tank with a 0.5 coil fitted, but like Crewella...i thought the stock tank was crap! However, the Kamry bowl is a good one to start with.

If you're looking for something that looks like a pipe..then generally speaking, most of them are mech pipes..so no chip them to regulate the power flow. If you aren't familiar with mechs, then it's perhaps better if you look at semi regulated or fully regulated ones...although many of these do look really weird! Take the Smok Guardian 3 for example, which i think Crewella does also have...it works well...but gee it's ugly! Looks like a shower head! Here's an image of it:

100-Original-Smok-Guardian-III-Kit-with-75W-TC-Pipe-Mod-and-Micro-TFV4-Plus-atomizer.jpg_640x640.jpg

The older Smok Guardian 2, does look nicer, and is sort of regulated i think..but i haven't looked into that one yet.

Smok guardian Epipe II.jpg

There is another older now discontinued Smok epipe, that looks similar to the Kamry...but is fully regulated, the original 40watt Guardian, but i can't find anybody that still sells them in in the UK (Edit: i have now discovered one site that has them at half price, see post below)...looks nice though:

SMOK-GUARDIAN-EPIPE-40W-5.jpg

Perhaps a better one..is another that Crewella also has, again looks a bit daft, but is a proper regulated epipe..the F-30 30w pipe. It's cheap, made of wood effect plastic...and the bowl end looks like a chopped off end of a golf club! But it's a reg'd pipe! The full kits are expensive in the UK (£60 or so), but you can get just the bowl from Fast Tech for around £19 plus shipping from China.

f-30-e-pipe.jpg

I'm looking to progress to something a bit beefier soon...the main issue with those, is any epipe bowl fitted with a larger 18650 battery can look a bit unwieldy..sometimes downright weird! In fact i'm having a mech pipe made up for me, which i should get soon. The only issue with mechs is the way the power is delivered, which is essentially the full whack of a fully charged battery at once, so one needs to appropriate the correct tank set up for a mech...this is something i'm still getting my head around, as i've not had a mech before.

Can Crewella or anybody else suggest other epipes to look at?

There's one i'm still interested in, but was warned off them by a local vape shop owner (which i now believe cos he wanted me to buy the pig ugly Guardian 3!)..the epuffer 629 X kit. Looks gorgeous, comes fully boxed with two tanks and spares to boot, but very pricy at £150 (!)....anybody tried that one? I suspect the high price is due to the beautifully finished wooden case it comes in..but one to aspire to later down the roadaways, perhaps!..

epipe-629x-vape-pipe.jpg

BTW....whilst my own knowledge and experience of epipes is still in the developing stages....there's no epipe section in this forum....so are there many pipers here that would like to see a new All things for Epipe connoisseur thread?

I'd like to start one up...maybe call it the 'Sherlock Holmes room'! :)2

Last edited:
Edit:

Having just discovered a thread elsewhere about that Kamry lookalike regulated Smok 40 watt Guardian pipe...there is an offer on that one for £30 (plus free P&P, if you opt for the standard delivery service, around 5 days) for the entire kit, available from this site:

https://audaciousvapes.co.uk/produc...-64407945&mc_cid=580c67d63c&mc_eid=9c88d19c4f

And as I'm keen to see how it compares with the Kamry...i've just bought one Ellie! :)

And it's made of wood, not plastic. The tank that comes with it though, the Helmet Nano, from what i've read on the thread where i got the link from..is pants apparently! But i'll be screwing me Naut Mini to it, so nay bother to me.

Last edited:
Wooot! I don't think you'll regret it. And I bought my first e-pipe from them, good seller. :2thumbsup:

Quite excited about it. Hoping one of my Dvarw 16 s will look nice on there. If not, Nauty mini.

Quite excited about it. Hoping one of my Dvarw 16 s will look nice on there. If not, Nauty mini.
The only thing you'll find is they might topple it if you try to stand it. My Nauti Minis with the cage tanks do. Hope you like it. :)

Back
Top Bottom