What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Indestructible (waterproof/dustproof/shockproof) single battery mod recomendation

Ive been learning how to use tc all weekend, if u want tc to work correctly get a dna, period, im so amazed at how well it actually does work now.

I got odin mini with DNA board and yeah it's flipping amazing on TC, when I take tank off the the dna and stick it on forz it with the same settings it's totally off by like 50C, so I thought maybe a solo might be better

I also got another dna - jac vapour b- coming so I am sorted fot TC, just need something for the muddy days :)

Whre is this bloody hyperion??? Is the delay because of the name change from scrutum because they need to change all the branding i Wonder? I don't care about the name - it can be called dog poo for what I care :))

Bought 2 x Solo's a while back...
(LePetitVapoteur offers)
lovely mods - BUT one failed
Completely brown bread, nothing at all, changed 18650
nope just dead as door nail one day after say 9 months use

Other one still going strong though so guess I was unlucky
(couldn't be arsed to send it back, so it got wrecked trying to open it
looking for iffy connection, did not go well tiny torx screws are hard to open
so it went in the bin - poxy fucking thing)

like the side charging port on Solo, so easily charge 18650 in situ
(yes it is recommended to charge 18650's in proper charger
but the option is there to charge in situ and decent makes in situ are OK)

Others like the mini has a base charging port
which means it don't like recharging upright so easily

The Aegis Legend X is a top port, dual 18650
lovely mod but bit overkill for my 14w MTL needs

To be honest, for my humble 14w needs, I've been using
a couple spare Innokin Adept mods - no screen or info
but the battery life & for what it is & I require, it really does the job for me
(Despite having a few fancy more mods, that I'll setup a tank on my last Solo
or Legend X or something, I'll drop my humble MTL tank onto the Adapt mod
and chuck it my pocket/bag roll around in car etc... it takes a beating for sure)

Solo is a great mod for most users, unless they need mega power
(shame one of mine croaked - but guess I was very unlucky :( )

I have a few device set up myself, some i don't care about so get tossed around, some never leave the house lol

I got odin mini with DNA board and yeah it's flipping amazing on TC, when I take tank off the the dna and stick it on forz it with the same settings it's totally off by like 50C, so I thought maybe a solo might be better

I also got another dna - jac vapour b- coming so I am sorted fot TC, just need something for the muddy days :)

Whre is this bloody hyperion??? Is the delay because of the name change from scrutum because they need to change all the branding i Wonder? I don't care about the name - it can be called dog poo for what I care :))

Found an answer to my question thank you @crustyfolker

Regarding the Hyperion, it could be a while, it takes time to rebrand a product, Bokes have to be changed, a sticker will probably be used, then there's the product itself, i wouldn't be suprised to see LV attempt to pass the cost on to consumers in a price hike. For me it would be unpopular as LV made the error not the consumer.

Damn you scrotum!

Found an answer to my question thank you @crustyfolker

Regarding the Hyperion, it could be a while, it takes time to rebrand a product, Bokes have to be changed, a sticker will probably be used, then there's the product itself, i wouldn't be suprised to see LV attempt to pass the cost on to consumers in a price hike. For me it would be unpopular as LV made the error not the consumer.

Damn you scrotum!

Give it 6 years and you will end up with a few DNA's. Like you i notice the difference in performance so tend to buy DNA's . One thing i will say is you will have 2 DNA's soon. The Jac vapour being the old 75 board, i feel you won't use it as much as the 75C, replay makes the C board a better experience, my older board DNA's get the occassional appearance/use but there is always at least 1 DNA mod in use on any day, today it's a ss paranormal with the wood panels and a Thor 2.

Talking of DNA's, sorry for the hijack. Is there a release date for the Hadron 2, i keep meaning to look out for it and keep forgetting, i heard it was due soon but nothing more.

Talking of DNA's, sorry for the hijack. Is there a release date for the Hadron 2, i keep meaning to look out for it and keep forgetting, i heard it was due soon but nothing more.

You can bet the Hadron, craton and Hyperion all come out around the same time, the Hadron will have versions, Lipo, duel battery. I will pass on the lipo version and may look at the duel cell version. Craton wins for looks etc and the 100c chip puts it ahead of the Steam crave and Hyperion which is a bit on the ugly side. Maybe lost vape have heard folks and will change the design, again it would make the release date further away.

You can bet the Hadron, craton and Hyperion all come out around the same time, the Hadron will have versions, Lipo, duel battery. I will pass on the lipo version and may look at the duel cell version. Craton wins for looks etc and the 100c chip puts it ahead of the Steam crave and Hyperion which is a bit on the ugly side. Maybe lost vape have heard folks and will change the design, again it would make the release date further away.

Heard of the Hadron Pro as they are calling it and the Hyperion, i wouldn't buy the Hyperion because i can't do with all that Rubber, as said you mentioning Craton, i haven't heard anything about it.

Give it 6 years and you will end up with a few DNA's. Like you i notice the difference in performance so tend to buy DNA's . One thing i will say is you will have 2 DNA's soon. The Jac vapour being the old 75 board, i feel you won't use it as much as the 75C, replay makes the C board a better experience, my older board DNA's get the occassional appearance/use but there is always at least 1 DNA mod in use on any day, today it's a ss paranormal with the wood panels and a Thor 2.

Yes replay mode is awesome, takes away the guesswork for me and its so consistent I just got into TC again as I couldn't crack it before but I am enjoying it now.

Would you mind sharing your coil/cotton /juice set up please? Just want to see what else is out there

I am using ss316l, simple round, between 0.9 and 1.3 ohm's, muji cotton, and 60vg nets.

I really want a waterproof dna mod but there is not much to choose from unfortunately

as far as builds go. They differ. I have all sorts of wire. I use mainly ss316L wire, i do have some titanium wire too for tc. SS and NI80 for wattage only. Cotton, again varies, from cotton Gods, cotton bacon, swag and more.
Juice again this changes often as i make my own, my adv is unicorn milk by cuttwoods but as said i make it myself at a fraction of the cost.
Simple coils ss and spaced work best in tc mode obviously with TC cutting back the wattage to provide the temp more complex builds will prevent use in TC mode, claptons aliens etc are fine but again it is about building to use at around 40w as this is better for tc due to the throttling of power in TC mode. I aim for around 0.5 ohm for tc.

Back
Top Bottom