What's new

I'm back :) - With a leaking Nautilus II problem using CBD oil.

Surfblasted

Initiate
Hi Everyone,

You guys sorted out all my issues when I first started using my mod and I hope you can do so again.

My wife has just started using CBD oil for her pain/fatigue issues and after a period of using liquid drops under her tongue, has switch to vaping oil having witnessed my success with nicotine. After trialing a pen type stick and finding the results inconsistent, she asked me to set her up with a duplicate of the system I use - a SMOK 320 Mod with an Aspire Nautilus II tank.

I adjusted the ohm/voltage settings to the same as mine for mouth to lung and initially everything seemed to be working fine. But now she's having flooding issues, oil everywhere - even spitting into her mouth after filling - and she's unable to take a full draw. I've tried changing the coil - we both use the same 0.7 ohm ones from Aspire - but nothing stops the oil from pouring out through the air vents and emptying the tank after a few minutes.

Is it possible to overtighten the coil when screwing it into the tank? It's the only suggestion I can think of.

I hope you guys can help us :)

What is the cbd liquid exactly? Is it oil? Or is the cbd suspended in pg? Oil is not for vaping, and if it’s 100% pg it might be that it’s leaking out because it’s too thin. I puff pg cbd liquid either from a dripper or a minifit pod system.

Can't over tighten the coil. But you can loosen it when you unscrew the cap. Make sure the coil is in tight every time you remove the cap.
If it floods just stick some long rolled up tissue into the tip and down into the coil to soak up any excess.

Also, if you take the drip tip on and off make sure when you push the tip back on you're not blocking the hole on the top of the drip tip with your fingers if the tank has juice in it because as you push it on it will push pressure down into the coil and tank which can cause it to leak.

Hi guys - Thanks for responding and I'm really sorry for not getting back, we've a family crisis taking all our time at the mo'.

Details concerning the oils used - all three of them were purchased from a vaping shop in the highstreet and not online. All three have VG, PG & CBD oil listed as ingredients - but we've just noticed that two of them do not make any reference to "e-liquid" on the labelling. Those two are 'King CBD' brand, red berry blaze flavour @ 2000mg/100ml and apple juice flavour @ 1000mg/100ml. The other brand is 'Harmony' brand, Super Lemon Haze flavour @ 10mg/1ml which is clearly labelled as e-liquid.

In my opinion all three CBD oils are slightly thicker than the nicotine oil I use. I have only needed to do the 'rolled-up tissue' thing once with my setup, but when we tried it on my wife's coil, it just soaked up all the oil in the tank through the coil. So we tried a new coil which flooded almost instantly and once again the tissue soaked every drop out. If left for a minute or two, it starts to drain out through the air vent holes.

Maybe we've got a 'duff' tank?

Hi guys - Thanks for responding and I'm really sorry for not getting back, we've a family crisis taking all our time at the mo'.

Details concerning the oils used - all three of them were purchased from a vaping shop in the highstreet and not online. All three have VG, PG & CBD oil listed as ingredients - but we've just noticed that two of them do not make any reference to "e-liquid" on the labelling. Those two are 'King CBD' brand, red berry blaze flavour @ 2000mg/100ml and apple juice flavour @ 1000mg/100ml. The other brand is 'Harmony' brand, Super Lemon Haze flavour @ 10mg/1ml which is clearly labelled as e-liquid.

In my opinion all three CBD oils are slightly thicker than the nicotine oil I use. I have only needed to do the 'rolled-up tissue' thing once with my setup, but when we tried it on my wife's coil, it just soaked up all the oil in the tank through the coil. So we tried a new coil which flooded almost instantly and once again the tissue soaked every drop out. If left for a minute or two, it starts to drain out through the air vent holes.

Maybe we've got a 'duff' tank?
Might be worth giving your tanks a good, deep clean and then reassembling carefully, checking as you go? I use an ultrasonic cleaner, but warm water with a drop of washing up liquid and a toothbrush will do the job. Accumulated gunk can sometimes cause leaks.

I hear what you're saying :) But my wife's kit is all brand new - just a few days old now. Whereas I've been using my setup for well over a year with only the occasional wipe with a tissue LOL.

But I've just changed her tank for my old one - again, wiped clean only - and it's working perfectly. So, it's definately something wrong with her tank, but at least her problems are over! :)

Have you tried changing the o rings yet?

That's if it came with spares

Hi Guys, I thought I'd better update as things have moved on somewhat.

We got everything working fine - for a while. But then it started leaking oil again! Bear in mind this was the second nautilus II she'd tried, but the oil simply seems to soak through the coil to the point where it's flooded - spitting hot liquid onto her tongue and filling up the air vent. I really don't understand this, as my nautilus II has been a dream to use - so it looks like I have a couple of spare ones now.

Then, whilst trying a new coil, the SMOK G320 packed up. It wouldn't start up after a battery change - the thing is simply dead. I had the same thing happen to mine shortly after purchasing it, but mine started working again just as I was preparing to send it back to the retailler and has continued ever since. Maybe after a week or so, this second mod will decide to work again - who knows?

We've moved away from this tank - for my wife at least. I got her an Innokin Zenith tank & coil (as suggested by AJT above). I thought at first it was just a snarky comment - sorry AJT - but after some research I could see it uses a different design and could possibly be leak-proof :)

We've also changed the mod - to a Yosta Livepor 256.

We had a nightmare trying to understand the manual - seem to have burnt out two coils instantly - but somehow (still no idea what I did) it's now working a treat :)

Fingers crossed she will be as happy as I am from now on.

Back
Top Bottom