What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

I turned into a VAPING Animal and now need to cut my eliquid costs - HOW?

tomlee80

Initiate
Good Evening,

So about a year ago I discovered my PERFECT liquid. It's called:

Doozy Vape Golden Elixir

Now through various sites online this was getting sold on discount. I hunt about A LOT for the best deals, and this was literally my everyday, all day vape. Ultimately Doozy's own site had it on clearance (due to packaging law changes) or sale a lot over the last year or so. I was until the end of 2018, picking up 6x 10ml for £9.99 with 3mg Nicotine and free delivery (When I purchased more than £20 worth). This was CHEAPER than buying a Shortfill 60ml bottle for £14.99 and then having to pay for a nicotine shot elsewhere.

So to cut a long story short. For the last few months I'd been paying for 7x 6x10ml packs on 3% Doozy Vape Golden Elixir for £69.93. This lasts me 1 Month (420ml).

The price has now gone back to normal:

£18 for 6x 10ml, Meaning £126 per month.

If I look at shortfills.

£14.99 per bottle 60ml. £104.93. PLUS Nic shots (£1 each x7 = £7) = £111.93

Essentially what I'm saying is THIS IS GETTING EXPENSIVE. I'm happy with my habit and my nicotine addition. Is there some way I can get a quality vape of similar flavour to the Golden Elixir for MUCH LESS MONEY.

I'm interested in any suggestions, especially from people that might have experienced Doozy's liquids and can suggest an alternative that is not so expensive.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Golden-Elixir-10ml-Tile.jpg

You can start with bottle shots or one shots
Which you will buy one shots or bottle shots.
And then add vg, pg and nicotine on avg this costs 14 pounds per 250 ml
But to be honest it’s hard yo find a good flavour i hope someone recommends something good for you

You can start with bottle shots or one shots
Which you will buy one shots or bottle shots.
And then add vg, pg and nicotine on avg this costs 14 pounds per 250 ml
But to be honest it’s hard yo find a good flavour i hope someone recommends something good for you

Can you recommend any good sites (UK Based) that sell these? If it's just a case of adding ready-made flavours to VG, PG and Nicotine then I'm game. I just don't really want to get too involved with having to create the flavours from scratch. For my device (Alien 220W), I need a High VG liquid anyway so the right Caramel/Tobacco flavouring might do the trick.

Can you recommend any good sites (UK Based) that sell these? If it's just a case of adding ready-made flavours to VG, PG and Nicotine then I'm game. I just don't really want to get too involved with having to create the flavours from scratch. For my device (Alien 220W), I need a High VG liquid anyway so the right Caramel/Tobacco flavouring might do the trick.
Chefs flavours
Driphacks
Flavour boss
Brews Bros
Darkstar vapour

You are using 5 liters a year (420ml x 12 = 5,040ml) @ £70 a month or £840 pa
which was OK tbh as doing about 100ml @ £16 a week for a branded juice
(when it was on offer - still under £2 a 10ml bottle)

Now it is about £3 a bottle

You can either: see if you can purchase in bulk discounts/offers

reduce the amount you consume (mtl instead of dtl maybe ???)

mix up something similar yourself - seems sort of a RY4 type of flavour
BUT most likely is not just RY4 but a carefully blended recipe loosely based around something like RY4
with extra toffee/caramel/vanilla to an exact tried & tested formula

So yes you can save dosh but no doubt for sure it will never be quite the same
and any closer replication could take fucking yonks to get close

Now you could mix your own RY4 in a small batch to test the water
if kind of near-ish but not quite, then you could blend a bit of branded juice with cheapo RY4 to save dosh

10% (up to 15%) flavour concentrate

https://vapable.com/product/ry4-double-perfumers-apprentice-flavour-concentrate/

to a 70/30 or 60/40 base and a shot of nic - or buy branded in 6mg and mix branded & DIY 0% nic to make custom 3%
(often nic on branded juice is no difference so can save nic shot costs buying higher nic and dilute with DIY mix)

BIT RISKY - you can fuck up, mute the flavour or totally fuck it completely
(need at least two weeks steeping on DIY - I'd say a month if possible as a general rule of thumb)

but could mix up small batch and experiment with just say 1 x 10ml branded 6mg & 10ml DIY RY4 0% nic juice

IF a SMALL test batch works then you could proceed to go nutz....

Buy 500ml RY4 @ £36 (with 10% LOVE10 code) plus points off next order - so £35 say
(code changed yesterday -guess for Valentines - ahh bless)

buy 5ltr 70/30 base mix at £23 - or ultra nutz if you wanted to save more:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VG-I-PG-...hash=item41f2649175:m:mko1ahumA91JvZHZkO2nx3w

yeah 20 liters at £55 is going absolutely nutz as 5 liters works out @ £13:75 - ffs I need to vape more
I mean why bother fucking about with VG & PG mixing if you got a pretty good idea what final ratio ya use
anyway....
This stuff is sound and is fucking cheaper buying from them on fleabay than direct from Lucemill website
(I think as costs are inclusive of VAT & free shipping etc....)

So just a 5.5 litre RY4 costs ya under £60 or under 11p per 10ml with little agro using the RY4 & 70/30 base
5 ltr base + 500ml RY4 is about 9.8% flavouring = £59 for 5.5 ltr = 11p per 10ml
or 4ltr base mix + 500ml RY4 = 4.5 ltr at aprox 13% RY4 concentrate £53.40 = 12p per 10ml
(thought it would increase a bit more than that going 10~13% but think my maths are near enough correct)

edit: 13% costings not 15%, my bad, thought it wasn't quite correct
15% would be 3.333ltr + 500ml: £15.33 base + £35 = £50 say / 3.8333 juice
equates to smidge over 13p per 10ml bottle @ 15% flavouring
so a ballpark figure is roughly every 2% increase/decrease in cheapo flavour is about a penny per 10ml
The plain base vg/pg mix is under 5 pence for 10ml 70/30 base mix (£23 / 5 ltr = £4:60 per 1000ml or 4.6p 10ml)

That is bulk mixing, obviously smaller quantities and more complex recipes with expensive flavours will vary
But you are doing 5 liters a year so it won't sit around for decades
Plus if you factor the cost of 5.5 liter DIY RY4 @ £60 say - still cheaper than you spend in a month on branded
So after if you can buy 1 month branded and the RY4 DIY base you will soon break even and then
after less than 2 months you are quids in anyway coz it only costs 11~13p per 10ml DIY
and almost halve your branded costs doing a brand/DIY mix as mentioned

Now you need to factor in the nic shot or use 6mg branded juice & mix half n half = 3mg semi DIY
This almost halves the higher price juice: £2 per 10ml now becomes £2 + 11p for 20ml or £1:06 per 10ml

BUT IT IS RISKY so FFS if you wish to fuck about test the water/juice in smaller (not so cheap) batches
Above all else - there will be a trade off, but a simple two part DIY short fill "could" be an option
(then half n half it, or something blah blah blah)

Nicotine - bit of bummer as since new year the restrictions seem to have really kicked in
so getting larger potent nicotine offers are gone now - or not as easy/cheap to buy anymore
(but you ain't a nicotine junkie & it's the flavoring(s) that really cost the money)

Reckon that would be a possible option - or reduce your juice consumption somehow

Last edited:
Chefs flavours
Driphacks
Flavour boss
Brews Bros
Darkstar vapour
till now I have only tried drip hacks I found its full of sweeteners. could you recommend some decent oneshots / bottle shots that you tried from any of those companies ?

It might seem daunting at first but 100% mix your own. Personally I can't stick to one flavour for more than a week so I have about 50 in rotation. Quite strange after sticking to plain tobacco for over 20 years lol

Back
Top Bottom