What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

I must be doing something wrong. Close to going on the fags again!

Right I’ve got another question already haha. Some people I know have told me I would save money doing my own coils instead of using stock coils. From reading on the internet seems that diy coils and RDA/RTA and RTDA give you much better flavour and vapour. From having a quick look I think for me an RDTA would be best so I still have a tank and not dripping every time I want to inhale. Does anybody recommend a good beginner tank for this ? I typically vape between 30 and 50 but do t know if this would be different on a RDTA? I would use YouTube to find out how to do the coils myself

May i suggest that you reconsider a simple rda, a nice open deck with bags of room for a coil or 2 and a nice large wick will allow you to prime your atty with a nice quantity of juice that should last a good 5x or perhaps even 10-20 deep mtl puffs between top ups a 3mm diameter coil with a fat cotton wick snaking around the deck can absorb and hold a lot of juice

and the risk of a dry hit is minimal as you should be able to taste a slight drop off in flavour as the wick slowly loses its juice reserve indicating a top up is required.
49720994686_f32306196b_z.jpg

3mm 15x nickel200 coils with long wicks folded back under the coils soaking up lots of juice its not too clear from the pics but each coil is a good 7mm+ above the deck base a good 1/2 hour+ of vaping for me from each of these without topping up

diy coil building/wicking on a tank atty can require more skill as the wick often forms a damm holding back the juice from leaking out of the air in vents, an error in wicking (too much) can either block the flow of juice into the wick = dry hits, Or a loose insufficient wick can fail to damm the juice flow and result in a leak dropping your valuable juice all over your mod and battery :(

a rda is much more forgiving with the wick needed only to contain your juice and feed your coil and as your wick holds all your juice NO risk of a messy leak ;)

RDAs are alright some of the time, at others they're just a complete faff...

Going out for instance, dripping and driving is just not sensible in the slightest, and dripping if it's raining, or dark...

And there's the hassle of having to carry a bottle about as well.

I get the appeal, I did it myself for a while. I still have my RDA collection - but squonking is just so much more convenient if you like RDA performance.

Personally now though, a tank is my default choice. It's not that difficult to learn how to build them, and leaking needn't usually be a problem if you build right.

Back
Top Bottom