What's new

I must be doing something wrong. Close to going on the fags again!

Glad you're sorted @bigpike89. There is so much help available on here, it made a massive difference to me when I started and now I'm something like 2 years without a cigarette, and I don't miss them one bit.

Manabush and Prime Vapes are 2 of the most popular juice vendors on here, and with good reason. Worth checking out if you're looking to buy online at any rate. There is also a list of approved/recommended vendors somewhere if you look around the forum.
Thanks again pal. I spend roughly 120 - 160 a month on juice and coils so a should be able to get that down dramatically looking at the prices on here....

I’ve just went through all my tanks and devices and done the dry sucking and they now all work fine ! . Crazy that not once did someone in a vape shop tell me this step is required to soak the coil. Not much I can do about that now. I’ve now got about 8 tanks, 4 mods and loads of spare coils that are working fine now haha... I thought the coils had all burnt out but they just needed soaked.

Could probably open up my own shop maself haha

I’ve also figured out from having a look at this forum that I’m going to get my juice online in future based on reviews from here. Seems to be some great in depth information and much better prices than in the shops.
many online retailers often have offers on aswell. Worth keeping a eye on the bargain basement section here where members post good deals and offers they have found for both liquid and hardware.
https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/bargains-deals-and-comps/bargain-basement/

Glad you've made progress. I get most of my liquid and coils on-line through Vapeclub. They have a good choice, up to date reviews and shipment is always very quick.

Good luck
Angela

You've come to the right place for help m8. Just stick with it. We have all been there and we are always learning. You'll get sorted.

Something to remember about the vape shops are that they have a vested interest in making money and some really take the p*as. Not saying that's the case but it certainly was for me when I started. I was down every few days to my local shop getting coils and juice just overwhelmed and fed up with it. Then I started doing my own research and haven't been to a vape shop in well over a year.

Btw if your looking for nice clean juice check out primevapes.co.uk @Lee

Something to remember about the vape shops are that they are a vested interest in making money and some really take the p*as. Not saying that's the case but it certainly was for me when I started

Some shops are absolutely terrible and will always say that whatever they make the most money on is the best option and ideal for you.

The shop I bought my first kit from was great.

The problem is identifying which type you're walking into...

@bigpike89 glad you got it sorted, modern mesh coils take a lot of priming it’s best to put a few drops on the inside until you start to see the wicking ports change colour, fill the tank and let it sit a while then finally take a few dry pulls before vaping.... nothing worse than a dry hit from a mesh coil.

You've come to the right place for help m8. Just stick with it. We have all been there and we are always learning. You'll get sorted.

Something to remember about the vape shops are that they have a vested interest in making money and some really take the p*as. Not saying that's the case but it certainly was for me when I started. I was down every few days to my local shop getting coils and juice just overwhelmed and fed up with it. Then I started doing my own research and haven't been to a vape shop in well over a year.

Btw if your looking for nice clean juice check out primevapes.co.uk @Lee

Thanks pal, I honestly can’t believe how helpful people have been. I thought I would need to wait about a week and maybe get 1,2 replies ! I was so close yesterday to heading to the newsagent for 20 fags . When somebody mentioned to me that my coils weren’t getting soaked by not dry sucking it was like a lightbulb went off in my head.

Right I’ve got another question already haha. Some people I know have told me I would save money doing my own coils instead of using stock coils. From reading on the internet seems that diy coils and RDA/RTA and RTDA give you much better flavour and vapour. From having a quick look I think for me an RDTA would be best so I still have a tank and not dripping every time I want to inhale. Does anybody recommend a good beginner tank for this ? I typically vape between 30 and 50 but do t know if this would be different on a RDTA? I would use YouTube to find out how to do the coils myself

Both RTA and RDTA have a tank section for liquid, with RDTA the coil is above the tank so closer to the mouthpiece like a RDA giving better flavour.
as for wattage it will depend on what coil you build.
steam engine has a calculator to work out resistances and gives you a recomended power setting.
https://www.steam-engine.org/coil

Im new to DL vaping using a single coil RDA at 30w so dont know of any tanks to recomend. But can safely say wire and cotton is alot cheaper than buying coils.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom