What's new

I must be doing something wrong. Close to going on the fags again!

How does your freemax cope with other juices? Do you always vape with a cool effect eliquid? If so, you'll get roughly the same millage with your coil life.
Roughly the same tbh but yes I always use fruity cool liquids. I’ve tried desert liquid and warmer liquids but I just don’t like them.

About 4 weeks after I started vaping I reached a point where none of my kit seemed to work for me - no taste, no draw, burnt tastes, horrible tastes etc and I felt as though I was on the verge of going back to the fags. I spent quite a bit of cash but now have a choice of kit that I know will give me a solid vape and I usually have 4 or 5 on the go at the same time to avoid chain vaping. I also managed to get through March only spending £20 so I feel like I'm reaping the reward now.

So, I did the following, hope it will give you some ideas. I'm MTL and don't need a throat hit.

I read through a thread about the Artery Pal II Pro/Artery HP Coils and there was a lot of good feedback about it and it's not too expensive. I decided to give it a go, using the 1.0 coils. I'm now almost exclusively vaping Dinner Lady in this because I like their flavours, they're consistent and they give good flavour in this set up. I also dropped my nicotine level from 18 to 12 and find that is a more satisfying taste. I tried nic salts but they make me cough so just do normal freebase now. I now have 2 of the Pal II and I take a couple of draws from one and then a couple from the other so I'm not chain vaping from them. I also bought several spare 3ml tanks for them so I can swap around with flavours at different times of the day.

I always start at 9 watts and usually end up about 10 or 11 never much higher.

I also read through the thread about the ThinkVape Zeta. It's a bit heavy for me and I don't like the separate battery but I have to say that with the 1.0 coil again I get a great flavour. I don't take this out and about with me - I'm actually a bit scared of the big hefty battery :-)

I also have an Innokin Adept zlide that was awful with anything I tried and was the worst for the burnt, horrible tasting coils. I had a pack of 5 coils, 3 of which were useless. It almost got chucked but I read a post about using 1.6 coil with Manabush liquid. At about the same time, Manabush launched their Tribute range and it's almost like they were made for each other. I use this for my late afternoon/evening vaping because it's for long, slow, relaxed vaping, savouring the flavours.

And I have experimented with drip tips. I prefer the long narrow tips and I have quite a few so I can put clean ones on frequently to refresh the taste and particularly now with the coronavirus. I do think that drip tips play an important part in the vape experience - different types give a different draw and if I don't get a good draw I start hammering it and that's when I get the coils playing up.

I prime my coils the same way you do except I usually leave them longer before using them, sometimes I even leave overnight and find it's better in the morning.

And the last thing I found was that I was really pulling on the draw the same way I would drag on a fag. Now I'm much more refined and let the kit do the work rather than panic about getting a big hit out of every draw. If I start to get a funny taste, I realise it's usually because I've been pulling rather than vaping.

Sorry for the long post but I hope it gives you some ideas.

Thanks for that I had a good read and it’s given me a few things to think about, mainly I think I need higher nicotine liquids on a lower wattage. I was kinda pushed into always getting more vapour high watt tanks by the shops I go to but thinking about it I’m still craving cigarettes to the point I probably should be using something smaller.

It is a horrible feeling being on the verge of buying cigarettes again . I had also thought about using mic salts with my aegis boost (the higher 12- 15 watt coils). Would you not recommend them at all ?

never used this juice before.
what i need to know is are you using nic shots and if so how many you use in a 60ml shorfill or 100ml shortfill
im guessing 100%vg
ive found quite a lot of juices ive tried are around 70vg already in the shortfil before you add a nic shot so if your adding a 10ml 100vg then your juice will be roughly 80vg/20pg and a lot of coils cant cope as its too thick..
try buying some either 100%pg or 70/30 nic shots to see if that helps.
links on post 6 POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers

Thanks for that advice, I think all the juice I use is very thick tbh so will burn my coils out quickly. Can you still get good flavour using lower vg juices ?

Thanks for that I had a good read and it’s given me a few things to think about, mainly I think I need higher nicotine liquids on a lower wattage. I was kinda pushed into always getting more vapour high watt tanks by the shops I go to but thinking about it I’m still craving cigarettes to the point I probably should be using something smaller.

It is a horrible feeling being on the verge of buying cigarettes again . I had also thought about using mic salts with my aegis boost (the higher 12- 15 watt coils). Would you not recommend them at all ?
I use 20mg salts on the 0.6 coils at 23w on the boost great flavour and coils last ages, slight bit of leaking from the sides of the pods, yet to try the 0.4 coils with 70/30 liquid which may help with the leaking

I hope you stick with it @bigpike89 it can be very frustrating (and very expensive) until you find a setup that works for you. But you'll learn a lot by keep trying, and you'll save back your money many times over once you find something satisfactory.

Hi bigpike
Like others have said, it's worth experimenting until you find the set up that's good for you. I tried higher vg, higher pg, nic salts, higher nicotine and lower nicotine and now find 50/50 12mg is right for the moment. Lots of people swear by nic salts but they're not for me, I've tried several but they make me cough and sneeze after a while so I avoid them now. But, they may be right for you so it's worth giving them a try.

And for sure, it would be worth trying something like the Artery Pal II Pro with a few different flavours. It's not expensive so if you find it's not for you, it's not too much money wasted.

Yes, it is a horrible feeling wanting to go back to cigs. I still think about cigs but as long as I pre-empt it and keep my nicotine intake topped up, the cravings are only fleeting now.

Stick with it though. You're in the right place for advice and information. I read anything and everything on this forum which helped me to arrive at my combination. I also read a lot of reviews on the different liquids and purchased based on flavours with lots of 5 star reviews that I thought I would enjoy. Even that's not fool proof but it has led me to the couple of brands that I'm happy with for the time being.

Good luck and I hope you find something that works for you soon
Angela

Thanks to everyone who’s replied to me, especially miss popadop. I’ve had more advice on this thread in a couple of hours than in 6 months of going into Vape shops. As I mentioned before every time I went into a shop the staff just got me to buy another tank, kit instead of helping me with the problem. I’ve already figured out based on a previous response that as I wasn’t dry sucking with the odan the cotton wasn’t get wet enough with juice, now I’m sitting here at 40 watts getting great flavour! . So happy I’ve finally got the tank working.

I’ve also figured out from having a look at this forum that I’m going to get my juice online in future based on reviews from here. Seems to be some great in depth information and much better prices than in the shops.

Thanks everybody again

@bigpike89 A question - are you trying to vape the same way you would smoke a cigarette? I mean, are you inhaling vapour into your mouth, and then taking it down to your lungs? If you are, that could be a problem with the kit you’re using.

Edit: Nevermind, glad you’re sorted :2thumbsup:

Glad you're sorted @bigpike89. There is so much help available on here, it made a massive difference to me when I started and now I'm something like 2 years without a cigarette, and I don't miss them one bit.

Manabush and Prime Vapes are 2 of the most popular juice vendors on here, and with good reason. Worth checking out if you're looking to buy online at any rate. There is also a list of approved/recommended vendors somewhere if you look around the forum.

Back
Top Bottom