What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

I find vape juice too sweet & strong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all your replies everyone. Great advice. You have all been really helpful.
I am using an Innokin Endura T20S and am finding it ok for the moment. I hope to upgrade at some point but not just yet.
The juice I'm using is 50/50. I haven't worked out the nicotine strength yet. Hovering between 6mg and 12mg. I don't chain vape. Not really bothered about flavours and loads of clouds much and just using it to replace nicotine and keep me off the roll ups (Amber Leaf)
I live in a large English city 'ooop north'. So plenty of vape shops locally. Not keen on buying online but thinking now I might have to at some point in the future.

Ahhh - no real airflow control on T20s - just two holes

but you pop a bit of tape on one of them or cover with finger when you vape
or cover both and pop them with a pin/tip of knife/blade for tighter MTL

Not a bad tank - or not a bad kit to get started with, easy to use like a starter should be
if you like that setup but wish to upgrade, the Zenith is the mutt's nutz upgrade

but yeah cheers for giving us a bit more info
best of luck - hope you can find something soon that ticks all/most of your tastebud's boxes

Much good advice above.

I find all bought juice too strong flavour and do not like sweet juice.

Before I started diy proper, I did buy juice with higher nic than desired and do the dilute with vg thing @Fuctifino suggests.

Thanks again for the replies.
If I dilute the juice (I have 50/50 juice atm) with VG, will that be compatible with the kit/coils (Innokin T20 S) I am using? Or might it make it too thick?
What ratio should I dilute with VG?

Most decent MTL tanks will work with 50/50 or a bit either way 60/40 or 40/60
Some will still work OK with 70 VG but depends on stock coil
ye olde pen mods were really for 70PG as thin atomizer/coils needed runnier stuff to wick
but better tanks/coils came along and people have used 70%+ VG which is a gloopy juice
(compared to runny 70PG 30VG juices)

Hence the high nic juice £1 LiQuids seemed to be 60% PG so you got a bit more leeway than 50/50
vape88 Maidens Tobacco I started to use when I began is a 70PG juice
but they make a rolling leaf in 70PG at high nic and 6mg nic is 50/50 (I think)

So reason I suggested getting them high nics to give you a 60/40 margin to mess around with
Now this is not written in stone at all - you can probably get away fine with say a 35VG 65VG mix

But before you go nutz establish if you do kinda like the flavour but not too much of it
by simply taking a smaller drag, chew it or something and take it down - yeah that's not bad now
or fuck me nahh that's still fucking minging even in small doses - that sort of thing
(no point trying to polish a turd or messing with a juice you hate regardless)

Flush out tank & coil, give it time to dry, even run a hairdryer over it perhaps to evaporate moisture
BUT you will still have a taint in the tank/coil when trying another flavour
So bare this in mind and give it some time - or you could write off a decent juice tainted with old manky taint
Think the idea is not to dump a juice in there that smells ultra manky to begin with (but you can be surprised)

It's really all a bit of trial n error along with common sense if you tweak your juice
Idealistically you want to establish a decent base juice first is what I mean above all else
if something tastes shit - it will still taste shit but just partially diluted shit

You can only really dilute it a smidge - eg 10ml bottle, remove 1 or 2ml and add 1~2ml glycerin imho
that is altering the ratio from say 50/50 to 60/40 or 70/30 or there abouts

if you dump 5ml & add 5ml you have halved any flavourings and any nicotine
halving the nicotine could leave you climbing the walls
halving the flavour could really leave it feeling a bit too blandish

Don't get wrong ya fucking about with £1 liquids so its no biggy end of day
& I have vaped just VG to flush out a used tank in the past & didn't kill anybody due to no nicotine
(was only for an afternoon but was glad to vape something decent with nic I might add after flushing)

I used to dilute 11mg 7 bottles 70ml of a 70pg30vg with 30ml of vg aprox
I had to lower nic as I was starting to get a tiny bit high chain vaping on the last drag or two
(when I recently switched to a decent tank over a blu pro ecig pen)
yes it was blander but needed to ease up going back to work a bit buzzing from my breaks etc....
think I should have gone 80 + 20vg diluting tbh - yeah was a bit bland but nigh on used all that up now

If you got an empty bottle you can mess about a bit, add a little vg first and retry it
but give it a bit of time to filter through or pass any old juice away
start by adding a smidge say 1ml per 10ml juice and go up to say 2ml maybe 2.5ml absolute tops

I mean there are calculators that can help you work shit out and what you are using now
as long as you got a rough idea of what you started with you can work out the ratio & nic

http://www.steam-engine.org/juice.html

If you finally find "something" even if its cheapo stuff, then let us know on here
then somebody might be able to recommend something similar to it but a little less/more harsh/sweet/fruity/caramelly etc....

edit: getting my PG's mixed up with VG's
the cheapo poundland stuff is mostly higher PG than VG at high strength nic
the drops to 50/50 on lower nic - thought I wrote it correctly but as usual I screwed up in places

Last edited:
Great advice again, thanks.
This is really a big help for me because I so dislike anything sweet and strong. If on the rare occasion I drink a dilute cordial, I literally only put drops in the glass and dilute, and that is only with Roses lime juice. It doesn't even cover the bottom of the glass before I dilute it.
In the vape shops I've been in and looking at what's on offer. It seems to me that it would be the equivalent of me just grabbing a bottle of dilute cordial and drinking it straight off. That is how averse I am to sugary things! But yes I shouldn't give up on a milder flavour just yet, I agree

All this info has been top notch. I am going to try the VG first and see how that goes and then maybe order online some flavourless 50/50 as well.
Will let you know how I get on and thanks again people

I haven't worked out the nicotine strength yet. Hovering between 6mg and 12mg. I don't chain vape. Not really bothered about flavours and loads of clouds much and just using it to replace nicotine and keep me off the roll ups (Amber Leaf)
I live in a large English city 'ooop north'. So plenty of vape shops locally. Not keen on buying online but thinking now I might have to at some point in the future.

Right - from the sounds of it ya smoke, use rollups and not fussed too much an overture of creams/custards etc....
well atm - you want something to get off the fags....

So yup probably baccy flavours, diluted down if it's a bit too flavoured for you

If you are on baccy you will need 16mg to 18mg for a while like 6 months or more
to help get the fix of nicotine

88vape, LiQuid, Kikk - whatever you can get hold of to try easily
88vape do about 3 baccy's in 70pg
they do rolling leaf in 50/50 but most are 70pg so easy to dilute down and flow well at 50/50

https://88vape.co.uk/shop/?eliquid_flavour=780

Maidens might be a bit sweet woody, you might want rolling leaf but to me it was like chewing leaves
not tried tobacco nut

but it is possible that stuff from LiQuid, 88vape & Kikk are actually alright to mess around with
(88vape & Kikk are same company tbh & all 3 made in UK)

88vape is sold in Iceland & poundland and there is no stigma to these cheaper brands
anybody who scoffs can fuck off, fine clothes do not make a gentleman & all that
you are trying to quit and should be commended for that

if you wish to try a higher quality or blended juice later then fine
or stay on what works - perfectly fine also as well as mix your own

you are just trying to find your own like we all are & there is no stigma to trying £1 liquids

Great advice again, thanks.
This is really a big help for me because I so dislike anything sweet and strong. If on the rare occasion I drink a dilute cordial, I literally only put drops in the glass and dilute, and that is only with Roses lime juice. It doesn't even cover the bottom of the glass before I dilute it.
In the vape shops I've been in and looking at what's on offer. It seems to me that it would be the equivalent of me just grabbing a bottle of dilute cordial and drinking it straight off. That is how averse I am to sugary things! But yes I shouldn't give up on a milder flavour just yet, I agree

All this info has been top notch. I am going to try the VG first and see how that goes and then maybe order online some flavourless 50/50 as well.
Will let you know how I get on and thanks again people

In that case buy something with 16mg or 18mg 70/30 and dilute it right down 5ml & 5ml
reason being you will likely need something with a nic of 8 or 9mg or you will likely be vaping for fun
and still need the roll ups for nic fix

so try a high nic juice - tone it right right right down 70pg/30vg then half n half will create a 35pg/65vg (I think)
still vape well and will cost you 50p half bottle + 5ml glcerin@ say 4p = 54p a 10ml bottle - ya tight arse :D

I would avoid Boots VG due to the fact it is way thicker than most and your mtl coils would struggle to wick. PG is probably a better option as it waters down easier and will mix into a liquid faster than VG.
Maybe try some coffee flavours if you like coffee. The problems with juices are a lot are pants with not much flavour or there's a ton of sweetner and they slap "premium Juice" on it.
Take a look here there's loads of flavours but they are flavours to make eliquid, still may help you find one you like and then you can search for a juice the same.
https://www.chefsflavours.co.uk/
use 18mg for now then try dropping to 12mg after about 2-4weeks. It worked for me 4 years ago after 27 years of smoking. I went DTL after about 2 months and started making my own juice at 3mg and that's where i am now.. Obviously everyone is different so you may need a different approach to mine. The main object is to quit smoking, an easy way is, finish your baccy then go spend next fortnights baccy money ob juice or a tank. You are then stuck with having to vape which i think gives you more chance of quitting the death sticks

Last edited:
More great advice being given.
I know I will be referring back to this thread advice over and over again in the next few weeks. Really big help and feel much more confident now
The "pound shop tobacco flavour" mentioned is actually one of my favourites at the moment. It is not too bad at all. So good to know the extra info about the ratios to dilute it down. I do seem to go back to tobacco flavour. It doesn't seem as syrupy as the others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom