What's new

I find vape juice too sweet & strong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweetenough

Initiate
Hi there
Just started vaping again and really wanting to make a success of it this time.
Not too many problems so far apart from my one big stumbling block. I don't like strong and especially sweet flavours.

Have tried tobacco, menthol, cherry, mixed berry, type flavours and a few others
Today I asked in 4 shops
"I don't want anything sweet". One shop suggested watermelon flavour but I'm sat here now vaping with it and it's still far too sweet and strong for me.
I really don't want to fall, again, but I don't like any of the flavours I've tried so far.
Any suggestions apes?

What kind of flavours are your thing? Eg. Do you like, coffee, custard, strawberry, ice cream, chocalate, berry? (or whatever else).

A good shop will let you try flavours all day, and there's bound to be at least one that works.

Or maybe it's not the flavour, are you looking for a distinct throat hit?

Or maybe fruits aren't your thing(they will come off sweeter, i guess), try some custard, desert, ice cream, yogurt or tobacco flavours.

Find the right vape shop and they'll let you sample flavours all day, there's bound to be something you like.

Don't settle, if you're not getting a good sample from your local place, expand(googlemaps, you'd be surprised) and try somewhere else.

Last edited:
Hi and thanks for your reply.

I only like savoury food and I don't like anything sweet at all, and that includes fruit. I do like cherries sometimes but only with out any sugar. I don't eat any sweets, puddings or drink any drinks with sugar in them. I don't drink pop or anything like that.

I think also part of it is that I find the flavours overpowering, as well as the sickly sweetness. I don't like the taste they leave behind as well
I have tried tobacco flavoured juice but even that seems strong and as if it is sweetened.
I wouldn't mind a mild version of the juices I've tried, but none of the shops I've been in seem to sell mild versions of any of the flavours.
I did spend some time in shops trying flavours but they all taste too sweet.

A flavour I havent tried yet, and just been reading about, is grape. Is that mild?

Sorry if I sound a bit picky but I just don't want to give up on vaping again. I really want to make it work this time, but I just don't have a sweet tooth at all.

Hi and thanks for your reply.

I only like savoury food and I don't like anything sweet at all, and that includes fruit. I do like cherries sometimes but only with out any sugar. I don't eat any sweets, puddings or drink any drinks with sugar in them. I don't drink pop or anything like that.

I think also part of it is that I find the flavours overpowering, as well as the sickly sweetness. I don't like the taste they leave behind as well
I have tried tobacco flavoured juice but even that seems strong and as if it is sweetened.
I wouldn't mind a mild version of the juices I've tried, but none of the shops I've been in seem to sell mild versions of any of the flavours.
I did spend some time in shops trying flavours but they all taste too sweet.

A flavour I havent tried yet, and just been reading about, is grape. Is that mild?

Sorry if I sound a bit picky but I just don't want to give up on vaping again. I really want to make it work this time, but I just don't have a sweet tooth at all.
Eliquid is naturally sweet due to vegetable glycerine being a main component, and it is sweet - what with the current trend of high VG liquids, 70% VG liquid is fairly standard nowadays, added to the fact that a lot of eliquid manufacturers add additional sweeteners to 'improve' the flavour, it's no big surprise that many liquids are too sweet for some.

The best bet for you is probably unflavoured nicotine shots in a 50/50 blend and you can pick these up most places for £1 per 10ml bottle, however you'll be stuck with an 18mg nicotine level going this route - if 18mg is fine for you then just make sure its a 50/50 blend as they often come in 100% VG (very sweet) or 100% PG (another main ingredient in eliquid is Propylene Glycol, not naturally sweet but is very harsh on the throat on its own and produces little vapour)

If you get on with that okay you could then add your own flavourings to it at an amount that suits you - flavourings are readily available online and pretty cheap.

My general advice to new vapers is to visit www.onepoundeliquid.com and buy a pile of their flavours to try, it's a cheap experiment and helps you get a rough handle on what flavours you like/dislike, and they've loads of flavours.

Aye @stevoknevo is right. Unflavoured 50/50 liquid is the way forward. Or mixing your own. A lot of premixed liquid is too strong and too sweet.

Hi @Sweetenough and welcome.
You're getting pretty good advice already but would help more if you let us know what kit you're vaping on atm?
Could be you're clouding when mtl might suit better.

You think clouds would amplify the sweetness @StrawberryRipple ? Maybe, but I mtl and find liquid can be too sweet, even at times ones I mix myself with no sweetener added.

As been mentioned with great advice already - need a bit more info though

What it appears though is that you are smoker so likely want a kinda of subtle baccy flavour
and if you failed or want to make a success of it need something not too sweet but likely a decent nic level
Based or assuming that either/both the yuk flavour and nic fix perhaps made you return to fags perhaps ???

PURELY A SUGGESTION BTW....

So maybe buy up some cheap baccy flavours - heck all of them
(maybe some other potential variants/flavours you think you might get on with)

Buy them is say 16mg or 18mg & then buy a bottle of VG Glycerin from Boots....

0080b34b-2d9c-4d4e-aee1-19ef225c77f1.jpg

if flavour is TOO STRONG then dilute it down a bit, though this VG is a bit sweeter
(hence picky something not too sweet like baccy or coffee or something)
you dilute the flavour and nicotine but you started with 16/18mg

Ideally if you start with a 70PG 30VG ratio or something similar
fill tank with test liquid - fuck me that is too much
you used say 2.5ml in tank so 7.5ml in bottle - top up with boots
makes now a weaker mix near a 60/40 or 50/50 ratio aprox
still with a decent nic - say 13/14mg but a little less flavour
yes VG is a little tiny bit sweet - but really it is flavourless so all you taste is a faint sweetness
(it isn't like adding a bag of Tate & Lyle to a bottle of Volvic spring water)

not saying do all this piss balling about to all flavours
but help you narrow down something that ticks most of your boxes

If it all goes tits up - pour it all away - you lost just over a quid so no biggy
keep empty bottle to mix up a bit of this n that blah blah blah

as usual started with a short post intention but wasted my life again writing a new War & Peace novel
well just a tiny suggestion perhaps - keep at it though you'll suss out something you love

Where abouts roughly are you located? I'm sure someone could suggest a good shop to head to where they will let you test and have a decent stock range.

If you were located near Nottingham I'd suggest Manabush Shop, suspect Druids or Manabush maybe a good option but you really need to try them first as what works for some may not work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom