What's new

husband hates me vaping

really simple solution .. get 2 juices one 70-30 the other 50/50 use the 50/50 in the house and up the nic a little ..
then outside or away from hubby blast the 70/30 ..
or just vape at the backdoor or window ..
it's all about the nic in the end ..

Don't know if this is relevant to your situation, but we had the same thing with a smoke alarm. Apparently old alarms are much more sensitive to vape / fag smoke than new ones. Getting a new one fixed it for us.

Also, not all smoke alarms are equal - I think an ionisation / heat based alarm is less likely to be triggered by vapour.

1) Photoelectric smoke detectors – you need to disrupt the beams of light around it to trigger the alarm. This is the most common type of smoke alarm, and the most sensitive to the vapour from an e-cigarette, which can sometimes break the light beam just as smoke would.

2) Ionization based smoke detectors – which work by ionising the air in the space between two plates which are electrically charged. The air particles in this space are monitored, and should smoke, (or any substance perceived as being denser than usual), disrupt the electric current then the alarm will be triggered. These are less likely to react to someone vaping than photoelectric smoke detectors.

3) Heat sensitive fire alarms – which are the least troublesome when vaping in the same room as one, because they are designed to only respond to the heat a fire would produce.​

Source: https://www.govype.com/uk/blog/vaping-smoke-alarms/

You're not alone @lene , my wife hates DTL indoors as it covers the windows etc. I only MTL indoors these days. Now she just moans about some of the liquid smells, LOL

I mainly MTL in the house, not because of the smoke alarm but because of the constant need to clean windows.

Go up your local vape shop and ask to try a uwell caliburn. It’s the best of the pod kits and you get a good, flavourful vape off it.

Then go home and boot the hubby in the balls!

Vape at the door or open a window and vape out that?

Seriously, that's what I have to do for the same reason.

I smoked fully out the garden anyway so hey ho

How old is your detector...?
Most need changing at 12 year intervals, like everything else,they don't last forever.

As @MavicP said i had the same problem with my detectors kept going off so i covered them with a plastic bag and that sorted it but the wife was still not happy with that so we got new ones fitted and now all is fine and i can sit right under them vaping away and they wont go off the only time they do go off is when i burn the toast .

A decent pod sounds like what you need, i gave up vaping sub ohm devices indoors a while back and just use pods indoors, I have ended up preferring them, they produce very little vapour and something like the Artery Pal II or a Smoant Pasito gives great flavour too.

They are Mouth To Lung which produces less vapour (vaping doesn't produce smoke), to give you a rough idea of the difference try vaping like you used to smoke, draw the vapour into you mouth only, then inhale, as you exhale you should produce less vapour, ideally you need a Mouth To Lung (MTL) setup like a pod.

I think it must be a certain type of ingredient in the eliquid for mine..only one of my vapes sets off the smoke alarm while 2 other vapes don’t,,strange..

Back
Top Bottom