What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

How toxic is nicotine?

Haven't been able to go through the full thread (only a couple of pages ;)) but this is EXACTLY the issue I've been trying to discuss with people. Although not 'postiive' for the body, nicotine isn't the killer in smoking, it's the other nasty stuff. Nicotine is just addictive. Exactly like tobacco, not too dissimilar from caffeine....
Well yes, it's an addicted substance for dopamine, which is obviously negative for our body. But nicotine doesn't kill you, atm.

You probably have read from EU level nicotine is toxic and the current LD50 has been about 30-60mg for over 150 years. Recently the limit has been redefine to be around 0,5-1g (1000mg). But is is lethal?

A 36 years old woman tried to commit suicide by ingesting 50ml of 30mg/ml nicotine liquid and result? After two hours ingestion the symptoms present were abdominal pain, nausea, and voluminous vomiting. Treatment was activated charcoal and observation for 6 hours.

So the EU's plan to restrict nicotine sales only to 10ml bottles cannot be justified with toxic content. Source

(I would have posted this post somewhere else in 1st place but I am still under 10 post limit)

SO! Someone tried to commit suicide, UNFORTUNATE but part of life I am afraid, especially in TORY Britain :3dmad:

I suppose they are going to ban aspirin and paracetamol too???

LOOKING FORWARD TO MY NEXT HEADACHE :soupset:

You probably have read from EU level nicotine is toxic and the current LD50 has been about 30-60mg for over 150 years. Recently the limit has been redefine to be around 0,5-1g (1000mg). But is is lethal?

A 36 years old woman tried to commit suicide by ingesting 50ml of 30mg/ml nicotine liquid and result? After two hours ingestion the symptoms present were abdominal pain, nausea, and voluminous vomiting. Treatment was activated charcoal and observation for 6 hours.

So the EU's plan to restrict nicotine sales only to 10ml bottles cannot be justified with toxic content. Source

(I would have posted this post somewhere else in 1st place but I am still under 10 post limit)
good

Meh everything toxic, ever put a old 2p into coke cola for a few days.... now that stuff is toxic acid yet people from the flat earth drink gallons of that stuff a day!

Last edited:
Well yes, it's an addicted substance for dopamine, which is obviously negative for our body. But nicotine doesn't kill you, atm.
drink some shots of 72mg to find out if ur right or wrong on that

Meh everything toxic, ever put a old 2p into coke cola for a few days.... now that stuff is toxic acid yet people from the flat earth drink gallons of that stuff a day!

The same would happen with vinegar, lemon and other citrus juice, grated tomatoes, coffee and many other perfectly natural and safe food substances.

the low health risks of nicotine addiction are the reason I switched from Camel Lights.

Last edited by a moderator:
So if I get a bit in my mouth from a leaky mouthpiece, then it's ok? Because I usually have a rinse if there is a tap nearby and wipe the mouthpiece, but if I am out and about i just wipe it on my sleeve or a tissue. Glad to know I won't die or get an overdose straightaway though.
and @apmar2
its perfectly normal to get a little in your mouth when ur sucking on the tip don't worry about it :ape:

Back
Top Bottom