What's new

How toxic is nicotine?

Off topic slightly and just my 2p.
In the industry i work in (pest control) chemicals are licenced for use in incecticides, herbicides, rodenticides etc... and they do get restrictions imposed on their use. For example, removing from the domestic markets inevitably leads to loss in sales and these sales losses mean it sometimes becomes non cost effective to pay the tens of thousands of pounds to go through the licensing process.
The products end becoming un economically viable.

This licensing process has already crept into vaping.
But there are many stores out there that are giving these products to everyone without having a license. The first priority should be catching them but due to their doings our business is being heavily effected.

But there are many stores out there that are giving these products to everyone without having a license. The first priority should be catching them but due to their doings our business is being heavily effected.
Not quite the same thing.
Producers need to licence their products if those chemicals/products are governed under licence.
The licensing process costs tens of thousands of pounds.

Just like juice testing has crept into vaping.

This is quite specific really and not really my main area of expertise but i would think herbicides are more governed by food growers and soil associations.
This is more mamoth than general pest or "weed" control.

You don’t use Herbicides then?
If it helps it’s nothing to do with what you mentioned.

That’s a bit out of date now, they have added water use too and others as part depending on use but is not the law regarding the use of such.
It’s the Pesticides Act 1998 that covers it.

Cigrettes are very harmful they have high contents of Tar that chokes up your lungs and you might get lung cancer , mouth cancer, asthma and even lead to death. But E Cigs on contrary to it have much less effects as they do not have any tar contents in them just nicotine.
yes this is the point i was trying to get across.

Haven't been able to go through the full thread (only a couple of pages ;)) but this is EXACTLY the issue I've been trying to discuss with people. Although not 'postiive' for the body, nicotine isn't the killer in smoking, it's the other nasty stuff. Nicotine is just addictive. Exactly like tobacco, not too dissimilar from caffeine....

Back
Top Bottom