What's new

How toxic is nicotine?

Who will make these nerds understand This Stuff. Someone Go and please tell them that Vape is not as harmful as Cigrettes.

We are lucky in a way that they only restricted nicotine rather than an outright ban.
Every year chemicals are banned behind the scene and a classic example would be those found in the world of gardening.
Some remain but have dosage limits like your domestic roundup found in garden centres where the commercial roundup is higher concentrated and has added chemicals.
There is talk this may go so glyphosate the main chemical could also be banned. We can see this developing as many councils refuse its use now on road verges even with technology that cuts down on its use from atomiser heads to sensors developed to detect growth before its release.

We are lucky in a way that they only restricted nicotine rather than an outright ban.
Every year chemicals are banned behind the scene and a classic example would be those found in the world of gardening.
Some remain but have dosage limits like your domestic roundup found in garden centres where the commercial roundup is higher concentrated and has added chemicals.
There is talk this may go so glyphosate the main chemical could also be banned. We can see this developing as many councils refuse its use now on road verges even with technology that cuts down on its use from atomiser heads to sensors developed to detect growth before its release.
Let Me Tell you a thing. Restrictions are slowly slowly converted into bans. You and I will be here seeing this happen. If They put a restriction on something there are very much chances that a ban will be imposed on that thing. Because no matter what you do people are not going to stop misusing it. that is the thing that is bad about our people.

Let Me Tell you a thing. Restrictions are slowly slowly converted into bans. You and I will be here seeing this happen. If They put a restriction on something there are very much chances that a ban will be imposed on that thing. Because no matter what you do people are not going to stop misusing it. that is the thing that is bad about our people.

I understand that, you run a business as do I and we spend a great deal of time reading the legality of changes within our businesses.
I think we are a good number of years away from a ban on Ecig’s and to be honest vape has got a long way to go before it matures and so as it evolves the goal posts move.

yes vape is not anywhere near as harmful as cigarettes. They Are about 90% healthier. That 10 percent will very likely not affect you in anyway. I am aware that some studies have said that nicotine can eventually lead to heart problems. I think if this is true, nobody will ever experience it in their lifetime. Nicotine can be poisonous, however, with vaping it would be impossible to inhale enough to kill you. For an adult, it would take 30-60mg inhaled in a short period of time to kill them. And before you could inhale this much, you would probably be in the hospital chucking your guts up. Nicotine isn't very bad basically. But most of all, it is only toxic in a ridiculously high dosage which as i said, would be near impossible to ingest.

I understand that, you run a business as do I and we spend a great deal of time reading the legality of changes within our businesses.
I think we are a good number of years away from a ban on Ecig’s and to be honest vape has got a long way to go before it matures and so as it evolves the goal posts move.
I Hope What you say will happen. Because this is effecting our business in a very bad manner.

yes vape is not anywhere near as harmful as cigarettes. They Are about 90% healthier. That 10 percent will very likely not affect you in anyway. I am aware that some studies have said that nicotine can eventually lead to heart problems. I think if this is true, nobody will ever experience it in their lifetime. Nicotine can be poisonous, however, with vaping it would be impossible to inhale enough to kill you. For an adult, it would take 30-60mg inhaled in a short period of time to kill them. And before you could inhale this much, you would probably be in the hospital chucking your guts up. Nicotine isn't very bad basically. But most of all, it is only toxic in a ridiculously high dosage which as i said, would be near impossible to ingest.

Cigrettes are very harmful they have high contents of Tar that chokes up your lungs and you might get lung cancer , mouth cancer, asthma and even lead to death. But E Cigs on contrary to it have much less effects as they do not have any tar contents in them just nicotine.

I Hope What you say will happen. Because this is effecting our business in a very bad manner.

I’m in the same boat and have to adapt.
Perhaps the future could be an ecig that uses a block of nicotine that it heated up without the use of coils. Who knows but it needs to change as I’m sure it will so that it becomes easy for the people who want to vape and perhaps just maybe the end of smoking as we know it.

Off topic slightly and just my 2p.
In the industry i work in (pest control) chemicals are licenced for use in incecticides, herbicides, rodenticides etc... and they do get restrictions imposed on their use. For example, removing from the domestic markets inevitably leads to loss in sales and these sales losses mean it sometimes becomes non cost effective to pay the tens of thousands of pounds to go through the licensing process.
The products end becoming un economically viable.

This licensing process has already crept into vaping.

Off topic slightly and just my 2p.
In the industry i work in (pest control) chemicals are licenced for use in incecticides, herbicides, rodenticides etc... and they do get restrictions imposed on their use. For example, removing from the domestic markets inevitably leads to loss in sales and these sales losses mean it sometimes becomes non cost effective to pay the tens of thousands of pounds to go through the licensing process.
The products end becoming un economically viable.

This licensing process has already crept into vaping.

Why do you think they ban Herbicides and what do you require to use herbicides ?

Why do you think they ban Herbicides and what do you require to use herbicides ?
This is quite specific really and not really my main area of expertise but i would think herbicides are more governed by food growers and soil associations.
This is more mamoth than general pest or "weed" control.

Back
Top Bottom