What's new

how to set up a banner in signature updated 14/2/22

DUE TO PUFFIN LINK NOT WORKING HERE ARE 2 MORE LINKS THAT WORK

http://www.vape.davelog.com/reddit/ you can add your user name to this one.

a-jpg.194675

http://www.sincemylastcigarette.com/

b-jpg.194676

Hmm...seems i can't get one of the new ones to work, but have done it as instructed on the OP.

All i get is..well...as one can see below!

EDIT 03/07/19: AS one can plainly see....I have got it working now! :)2

Last edited:
Hmm...seems i can't get one of the new ones to work, but have done it as instructed on the OP.

All i get is..well...as one can see below!
V V V V V V VV V V V V

strange. that sig you have is the website address and not the bb code.
try this.
as long as your on a computer you need to copy the BB code.

right click on one of the links marked in red. click on select all which will highlight it then right click again on the highlighted text and copy. done.

then hover your mouse over your user name on top right of forum. on left click signature. that will open a box. right click on mouse and hit paste.
then click the green button save changes.

done.

if that doesnt work then i have no idea what is going on as some had issues with the previous puffin banner. maybe something to do with settings on forum. if it still doesnt work ill ask the guvnor to investigate.

ab.JPG
cd.JPG

strange. that sig you have is the website address and not the bb code.
try this.
as long as your on a computer you need to copy the BB code.

right click on one of the links marked in red. click on select all which will highlight it then right click again on the highlighted text and copy. done.

then hover your mouse over your user name on top right of forum. on left click signature. that will open a box. right click on mouse and hit paste.
then click the green button save changes.

done.

if that doesnt work then i have no idea what is going on as some had issues with the previous puffin banner. maybe something to do with settings on forum. if it still doesnt work ill ask the guvnor to investigate.

View attachment 195117 View attachment 195118

Heya DJ.

Yeh did exactly as you instructed, neither will work for some reason....must be a glitch in the system!

The 2nd one by electronic cigarettes...with graphics that look straight from the 1980s (!)...i've found clicking on that link promps up a warning saying 'This site looks suspicious'! And won't let me in! lol!

Never mind..i'll go without....the 'You have saved ££££' side of it, was bollocks anyway! :D

Last edited:
Took a bit of footering around to get it to work @Deaf Vaper couldn't get the sincemylastcigarette.com one to work at all but the reddit one works OK and yeah, would love to know where the £17k went myself...

the old sig was correct on over 14,000 saved but this one is slightly out on the maths.

the old sig was correct on over 14,000 saved but this one is slightly out on the maths.

Managed to get the reddit one working...but noticed same issue as you @MrDJ. Took me a coupla tries to work out why the numbers didn't add up..'til i realised this reddit one uses the American date format!

One needs to type in on the Reddit site, the month first, then the day, then year, then generate the banner...then it'll make sense! :)

First time i tried it, i did day/month/year, which arrived at 545 days from date of quitting. That wasn't right. I added up how many days from 1st March '18 - 2nd June '19...& it came to 489. I dunno why it's showing as 488, tho! :confused:

Last edited:
Looks like the puffin banner is back up and running again. Strange the site was off line for almost 3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom