What's new

How long do you soak new coils for? Noob question.

afewtogo

Postman
Hi!

I always thought ten minutes was plenty of time to let juice soak into new coils before vaping.

However, I've been vaping one of my favourite flavours (Cosmic Fog Chilld Tobacco) for a week in the same tank with the same coil. Flavour was fading so I put a new coil into exactly the same juice - primed coil, let it sit for 10 mins, but tasted like arse. Assumed bad coil, tried again with another, waited 10 mins again, still horrible.

Have had another couple of tries since leaving it longer and it does seem to be improving with time.

But my question is, are there some coils where really you need to leave it significantly longer than 10 mins for best results?

(Using Innokin Slipstream tank with 0.5 SS coils).

Interestingly, I also filled a Smok Helmet tank with the same liquid, brand new coil, and it was perfectly fine in the same timeframe...

i prime all coils by dripping juice on all the cotton you can see. holes around the sides and down the top.
put in fill up and turn down wattage to half of what you normaly vape at. i then vape straight away turning up a watt each puff until i reach my usual wattage. if i did let it sit for a while 10 minutes should be fine and good to go.
i have had boxes in the past with 3 duff coils out of 5 which is a total pita.

Thanks, yeah that's what I do too - maybe I've got a bad batch of coils. I'm sure I'm doing anything different to normal.

Depends on the coils and the cotton. Some just need breaking in.

This is my routine. I use cleito coils.
I drip, drop by drop on each wicking slot one drop. After each drop i turn to the next slot and do the same. I wait though for each drop to be absorbed before proceeding to the next. Now this may take several or more individual goes/drops. When i see that as i turn my coil to the next slot to drip/drop, that it has stopped fully absorbing and some residual juice remains unabsorbed i stop. I then place the tank on the base, proceed to fill the tank to around 3/4 ish full, fit the top and chuff cover and then let all sit for at least 15 mins. The first one or two vape pulls may sound a little gurgly or spittly but with that routine i have never had a prob. After the first one or two its smooth sailing till the coil dies. All sweet.

When I used to use subohm tanks I used to drop juice into each of the wicking holes till fully saturated.. then let it sit in a full tank at least 30minutes... At that point close the airflow and take a couple of dry pulls.. then start at a really low wattage taking 3-5 short puffs, waiting a couple of minutes and going up in 2-4 watt incremetnts...

Sounds like a pain, but coils last a lot longer when slowly broken in :)

Back
Top Bottom