What's new

Hi I new to vaping and would like some help!

threasa

Hi, I have a Teslacigs Stealth 40W with a Shadow 2ML tank. Stainless steel 316 0.6, 20-50 W coil. I currently have the settings on 40 Watts, 390° F, with a 0.63 resistance. I'm not sure if these are the right settings at all. When I smoked cigs I smoked menthol: Kools, Salem's, Pall Mall, to name a few. I want it to be strong hit like a cigarette, but it's not really happening :( may need to change settings, or the ejuice I'm using may not be right. The juice is 20 ML. 16 MG nicotine strength, and 70vg/30pg, whatever that means. Please help! Thanks!

Hi @threasa and welcome to the forum. That's a low temperature setting which won't produce much vapour. Bump it up in 10 degree increments until you find the vape you like. Should start to get nice from 450 degrees onwards.

You could try a juice with a higher % PG, which should increase the throat hit you get, and make it a bit more like smoking.

Hello and welcome. Have you tried adjusting the air flow? It might be worth closing it down a little to try to intensify the vape.

PG and VG are Propylene Glycol and Vegetable Glycerin. In a nutshell, VG is typically thick and gloopy and creates a bigger, thicker cloud of vapour, and PG is thinner and runnier and is better at carrying flavour and giving you a 'throat hit'. It might also be worth trying a juice with a higher PG ratio, like a 60/40 or 50/50 VG/PG to see if that gives you a more satisfying vape.

Don't give up, if that doesn't work come back and tell us. It can take a while to find the right balance at first - you just need to keep looking until you find it! Good luck! :)

*That's a cute little kit, by the way!* :D

Ty all for the replies! I don't think it was the settings I had wrong. Been doing at 40 Watts and temp off, or at 450. It's the ejuice now I know. I've been buying the cheapest stuff, or not the right juice for my mod (is there a certain type to use?) Yes, I want the throat hit, what's most like smoking a traditional cigarette. I'll get a higher PG, and start from there

You could try a 50 PG/50 VG mix and see how that goes, you could also try upping your nicotine to 18mg that might also help with the throat hit you seek.

I'm not going to comment on the kit you are using as I mainly DTL with low ohms and low nicotine in power mode. I'd rather let someone such as @Crewella who (I believe) is more of a MTL vaper handle that.

You could try a 50 PG/50 VG mix and see how that goes, you could also try upping your nicotine to 18mg that might also help with the throat hit you seek.

I'm not going to comment on the kit you are using as I mainly DTL with low ohms and low nicotine in power mode. I'd rather let someone such as @Crewella who (I believe) is more of a MTL vaper handle that.
I am indeed a MTL vaper, but was wary of commenting on the settings as I don't tend to vape stainless steel in TC mode .... so left that for someone with a better understanding! I'm SO MTL I rarely venture under an ohm or over 12 Watts! ;)

.... so left that for someone with a better understanding!

So, some kind of wizard, I assume? I have no idea when it comes to TC, I tried it for a couple of days but found it nigh on impossible to get a decent vape from it.

That Fodi F2 is outstanding BTW.

So, some kind of wizard, I assume? I have no idea when it comes to TC, I tried it for a couple of days but found it nigh on impossible to get a decent vape from it.

That Fodi F2 is outstanding BTW.
Lol - much the same here! As you can see @threasa , this vaping lark isn't quite as simple as people first think! :P

Really glad you lke the Fodi F2 @stewbacca :)

Back
Top Bottom