What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Help needed - oral health after vaping

Nice headline for an article I'm going to write for press - Vaping Causes Severe Blood Loss - Millions Bleeding to Death (probably).

I think I am one of the lucky ones that didn't suffer this side effect, only thing I remember is the hairs in the back of my throat making me cough as they grew back.

I also suffered from being able to smell things again which caused muscle ache from frenzied house scrubbing :18:

Hi

New user here. Need advice.

Gave up smoking in December after seeing dentist and joined the vape train. Love it.

3 months later, despite using electric toothbrush, mouthwash and good toothpaste, my gums are constantly bleeding. I think it's due to the vaping as I've read my gum blood vessels have relaxed.

Anyone else experienced this? How can I fix this? Feels like I'm being punished for making a positive change in my life.
It's possible that by switching to vaping you may have actually increased your nicotine consumption. Nicotine constricts blood vessels and the vessels in your gums are microscopic to begin with. If they narrow to the point where your gums receive an inadequate supply of blood and nutrients, they will not be as effective at reparing damage done by bacteria, they can then recede to the point where blood vessels become exposed. My dentist says the best defense is to drink water while vaping to wash the nic off your gums.

I had this for a while and my dentist gave me all the crap talk like 'you dare drink coke', 'you dare eat indian take a ways' and 'you dare not always brush your teeth ay night' but one thing she did say was good you quit smoking and you're vaping well done. She also said what someone said earlier that my gums became more sensitive to bleeding because all the crap in fags has weakend them. The next time I went there was no bleeding.

Back
Top Bottom