What's new

Help me pick an RTA

Loki.777

Initiate
I have an ikonn 220 and wall crawler mod.

I use an ello tank and nautilus 2.

Basically I'm getting fed up of buying new coils and have had a bad batch of coils recently. I'm done with these tanks.

I want to go back to basics and not have to rely on buying overpriced coils.

I'm not an expert or that experienced. I've dug out some of my old stuff. An original lemo (this will replace my nautilus, already set it up and am enjoying it).

I also have an old LD Igo-w plus which is back in action but I find drippers a pain especially when I'm out and about.

So I'm basically looking for an RTA that will give a similar experience as my current ello tank which it will replace.

I want somthing...

1. A resonable price and cost effective to run (doesn't run through juice too fast)
2. Simple and easy to build
3.Leak proof
4. Reliable
5. Rubost (I tend to drop my vapes)
6. I want to make my own coils out of single wire
7. Not a squonker

I don't mind getting somthing old or whatever. I also like the size of 2ml tanks so that's preferable.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
If you really want it to be leakproof you're looking at top airflow tanks such as DeadRabbit,geekvape zeus range,the intake,juggerknot (clones if too much), serpent elevate..and others exist too though they slip my mind for now. though be aware that top airflow tanks tend to produce less flavour than bottom.

so really we need to know
- do you want it to be single coil or dual coil, generally single is easier to build, goes through less liquid but they don't have the same "oomph" as duals.
- what kind of draw do you want, MTL or DTL. MTL is a tighter draw and DTL would be a more open draw.

If you really want it to be leakproof you're looking at top airflow tanks such as DeadRabbit,geekvape zeus range,the intake,juggerknot (clones if too much), serpent elevate..and others exist too though they slip my mind for now. though be aware that top airflow tanks tend to produce less flavour than bottom.

so really we need to know
- do you want it to be single coil or dual coil, generally single is easier to build, goes through less liquid but they don't have the same "oomph" as duals.
- what kind of draw do you want, MTL or DTL. MTL is a tighter draw and DTL would be a more open draw.

Direct to lung, i tend to run these at a fairly low wattage around 30 to 35. Also preferably single coil but I'm open to both options

Direct to lung, i tend to run these at a fairly low wattage around 30 to 35. Also preferably single coil but I'm open to both options

A Oumier Wasp Nano RTA would suit you at 30 - 35w. Great wee tank and you can buy bubble glass to up the capacity as well, which makes a difference. I've not had mine leak on me yet.

Also the Serpent Elevate but that can be a bit tricky to wick properly for me.

A Oumier Wasp Nano RTA would suit you at 30 - 35w. Great wee tank and you can buy bubble glass to up the capacity as well, which makes a difference. I've not had mine leak on me yet.

Also the Serpent Elevate but that can be a bit tricky to wick properly for me.

I just looked at the wasp it seems almost right for me. I just don't like the look of the plastic mouth peice that screws onto metal.

I just looked at the wasp it seems almost right for me. I just don't like the look of the plastic mouth peice that screws onto metal.

It's actually better than it looks. I've filled mine a lot and it's still absolutely fine. Still smooth. The plastic cap's also useful cause if you fill from the bottom the cap holds another ml or so of liquid.

Back
Top Bottom