What's new

Help finding a decent tank

I'm aware there's a learning curve, but if that means I won't have to worry about burned, gunked up, faulty coils, then it would make my life easier
No, it will absolutely not make your life easier than screwing in a stock coil in 2 seconds and going about your business, especially in the beginning
I'm aware there's a learning curve, but if that means I won't have to worry about burned, gunked up, faulty coils, then it would make my life easier

Mesh rebuildables are probably much easier, but i believe they need higher wattage...im still in single coil territory and after about 3 months now it is still a major p.i.t.a. but u do have a subohm tank to use while u practice.

Damn, i cant believe how long ive been living in one room without going outside

With a RTA a gunked up coil is sorted by pulling out the old wick burning off the coil with a few pulses of power, confirming the coil or coils are heating up evenly and strum until they are..
re-wick, prime the wick and reassemble..

More hassle than simply unscrewing and discarding an old coil and fitting another, But far cheaper as you only discard a penny or 2's worth of wicking material. and coils can last literally years..

on the other side a rta is more prone to leaking and/pr dry hits until the correct build/wicking style is worked out..
too litle or loose wick = leaks/gurgles..
too much or dense a wick = dry hits...

But once familiar with an atty and its optimum build, sorting out an exhausted wick isnt a major pita, and tanks like the kylin2 allow you to remove the build deck while retaining tank integrity and your unused juice.

some builds require finesse and an artists flair in trimming the wick. with the kylin2 and 3mm diameter coils wick cut to deck length need no trimming (assuming a wick density sufficient to provide just a little resistance when pulling cotton through the coil.. ) just take care to pack the wick evenly in its wick port retention. - or watch any utube build vid ;)

Rta's require a bit of patience, and can lead to more vape kit with wire mandrills clippers etc, but you can also just buy pre wrapped coils and use those..

Listen, if u r gonna go down the rebuildable path, than the best advice i can give u, other than grilling fil on his kylin, is to start googling reviews and spend the next day or two watching a whole heck of a lot of youtube, because whats good for u may not be good for someone else (for instanc my new found hatred of postless decks, lol)

With a RTA a gunked up coil is sorted by pulling out the old wick burning off the coil with a few pulses of power, confirming the coil or coils are heating up evenly and strum until they are..
re-wick, prime the wick and reassemble..

More hassle than simply unscrewing and discarding an old coil and fitting another, But far cheaper as you only discard a penny or 2's worth of wicking material. and coils can last literally years..

on the other side a rta is more prone to leaking and/pr dry hits until the correct build/wicking style is worked out..
too litle or loose wick = leaks/gurgles..
too much or dense a wick = dry hits...

But once familiar with an atty and its optimum build, sorting out an exhausted wick isnt a major pita, and tanks like the kylin2 allow you to remove the build deck while retaining tank integrity and your unused juice.

some builds require finesse and an artists flair in trimming the wick. with the kylin2 and 3mm diameter coils wick cut to deck length need no trimming (assuming a wick density sufficient to provide just a little resistance when pulling cotton through the coil.. ) just take care to pack the wick evenly in its wick port retention. - or watch any utube build vid ;)

Rta's require a bit of patience, and can lead to more vape kit with wire mandrills clippers etc, but you can also just buy pre wrapped coils and use those..
Hey, would a mascara brush be stiff enough to clean a coil, like a clapton or alien, u think? U know, really get in the grooves

Couldn't find the Kylin, sold out everywhere. So I bought the OFRF Gear. Now back to YouTube :P

Couldn't find the Kylin, sold out everywhere. So I bought the OFRF Gear. Now back to YouTube :P

Dont know it but had a quick google, looks like a good 1st rta candidate single coil option and 24mm should give you a generous build deck so not to fiddly

just in case, when filling for the first time only fill with enough juice to rise up the chimney a little.. If you do leak you can minimise the loss and risk of mod damage ;)

And i tend to be paranoid with any atty and its 1st build, checking for leaks with a dry tissue every 10 minutes.. Never leaving a new 1st build on a mod overnight.. NEVER!!

EXPECT AN ATTY TO LEAK and you will be prepared for it if it happens ;)

you will drop a few tanks of juice with rta's its a rite of passage,, just be prepared for it and you wont loose your favourite mod to juice ingress too

Well, typically the idea is to watch the reviews first but whatever floats your boat. Like i said, if air flows thru that middle hole its going to be really airy.

Back
Top Bottom