What's new

Help finding a decent tank

CFR

Initiate
Hi there!

New user, but I've been vaping for about 10 years.

My mod is an Aegis Solo. Had a Cerberus with X1 mesh coils. Decent flavour, but it leaked. So I thought I could try another tank. I bought a Smok Mini V2 with A1 coils. Not as good flavour and the coils last only a couple of days... and it also leaks. So, my problem is that I can't find a decent tank. No leaks, good flavour and 40-60W coils that last. I do not fancy rebuildables.

Could you recommend such a tank please? I've read a lot of threads here and I'm really confused. That's why I thought I should ask.

Cheers!

Also... The tank I have works for me. The Smok coils are cr@p though. So maybe there are better coils out there? Open to suggestions.

I struggled with the A1 coils in the Baby V2 as well but I use the S2 coils now which are far superior. If you like the tank and want to know about the best coils then have a word with @OzoreXS

Present!
I´m using a Cerberus tank with an X1 coil right now, writing this words. Using it since a few days ago.
I also installed the chimeney and the bubble glass extension.
So far, no leaking at all. Bone dry. I have used also the X1 and X2 from Geekvapes in my other tanks without any issue.

Im wondering if its all well tightened and also, maybe a missing o-ring? You can suffer from leak once, maybe a faulty headcoil... but both tanks? I dont think so.

I would empty the tank, clean it, and assembly again. Checking all the parts, looking for no wrinkles on any rubber. I would lube them a bit prior to the assembly.

Coil and al parts must be tighten, not too much, no too loose. Something you feel right with your fingers. Overthigten = leak. Loose = leak.
Once all parts are assembly all togheter, with the tank empty, you can make a last overall tighting taking the tank from its base and the upper part, and give it a final turn.

If you are still interested in going for a new one, just ask.

Just a quick addition. Are you making sure you shut off the airflow on your tank when you fill it? If not then it can make the tank leak as closing the airflow to fill helps maintain a vacuum in the tank and helps prevent leaking.

The Cerberus is in the bin. Had it for several months. The leak was just above the airflow ring.

Cerberusblack.png

Maybe it was a faulty tank. Or maybe it broke because it had fallen a couple of times.

No, I don't shut off the airflow when filling it. Didn't know I had to do that.

So, is there a tank that combines the flavour and coil durability of the Cerberus with he practicality of the Mini v2?
Just wondering. I mean, I could buy a new Cerberus, but I like the features of the Mini v2. What about the Freemax Mesh Pro?
I've read that many people were happy with that and its coils back in 2018. It's discontinued so maybe there's a newer tank as good as that? I don't know. I'm really confused.

What about a uwell crown or a cleito. Or am I hopelessly out of date?

There's Freemax Mesh Pro 2 out soon/now and a Fireluke 3 as well. The mesh pro 2 takes all the originals coils too. I'm not the best person to be advising here as I'm normally a tootlepuffer who dabbles with DL with a Baby V2 and an SKRR.

Mesh Pro is a decent tank with some leaking issues as well I'm afraid mate. It also takes coils that are best a wee bit above your chosen wattage range imo so you might not get the best out of it. The Freemax Mesh 3 sounds a bit more what you'd be looking for but the flavour's not as good as the pro.

Back
Top Bottom